MEB and adding condition

Fusedfrom4-1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all,

I have JUST begun my MEB. I have not yet even spoke with my PEBLO. One of my diagnoses is spondylosis, and I’ve had 2 fusions. (First failed, and second added my s1 from l4-l5) would getting diagnosed with a condition like ankylosing spondylitis (full body chronic arthritic condition) and adding it to my board, hurt my credibility from my back, or help with ratings?

Thank you all

Once you talk to your MSC, they will ask you about any claims you want to submit. I Also have AS and since I take humira, I'm unfit for service. Waiting to hear back from the PEB.

Ask your MSC to add ALL contentions. Most good MSCs will go through your medical records before meeting with you and will have a good list already.

I went through a TDRL, and was FIT to return to duty. I'm currntly going through a MEB due to taking humira! A few years after returning back to AD I received a flare up while taking Asocal and remicade, which resulted the change of Medication to Humira. I've been on humira for a few years now with no competitions of Chron's. Due to the most recent deploy or get out MEMO, my PCM referred me to a MEB due to the Humira medication. I'm worried that I will not get rated for Chrons's and only for the Humira.

I went through a TDRL, and was FIT to return to duty. I'm currntly going through a MEB due to taking humira! A few years after returning back to AD I received a flare up while taking Asocal and remicade, which resulted the change of Medication to Humira. I've been on humira for a few years now with no competitions of Chron's. Due to the most recent deploy or get out MEMO, my PCM referred me to a MEB due to the Humira medication. I'm worried that I will not get rated for Chrons's and only for the Humira.
Did you want to come back in after a tdrl?

My illness is under control, however, I'm being boarded due to the use of the Humira Medication. I work in Radiology and can still do my Job as a Soldier. This is just devastating because I've been on it for 2 yrs. I'm trying to find out how does DOD determine the 30% rating for MEB, bc I rather not have Severance pay being AD Army for 11 years. What

My illness is under control, however, I'm being boarded due to the use of the Humira Medication. I work in Radiology and can still do my Job as a Soldier. This is just devastating because I've been on it for 2 yrs. I'm trying to find out how does DOD determine the 30% rating for MEB, bc I rather not have Severance pay being AD Army for 11 years. What

@Jermaine,

I just read your post and ironically I am going through the same thing (albeit for much less time). I've been on Humira for about three months now and my case was just referred to an MEB. Any luck on finding out how the DoD determines a 30% disability rating? I agree that medical retirement would be WAY better than a mere severance. FYI I have ankylosing spondylitis--I don't know if you have the same condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rico

With your condition you should receive 30% or more. Best wishes sorry your going through this.

With your condition you should receive 30% or more. Best wishes sorry your going through this.

@Jermaine:

Thanks for replying to my last post. Out of curiosity, what makes you say I should receive 30% or more? Is that with the DoD or the VA? And if that is the rating you expect, how would I go about doing that??

Thanks!

@Jermaine,

I just read your post and ironically I am going through the same thing (albeit for much less time). I've been on Humira for about three months now and my case was just referred to an MEB. Any luck on finding out how the DoD determines a 30% disability rating? I agree that medical retirement would be WAY better than a mere severance. FYI I have ankylosing spondylitis--I don't know if you have the same condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Rico
Hey what ever happened to your case? I’m going through something similar

Hey what ever happened to your case? I’m going through something similar
I showed the physician what my condition looked like on my worst day and it resulted in a decent enough disability rating. In the end, the MEB process changed the trajectory of my life but I'm thrilled at where I've ended up. So it goes, I guess. Let me know if you have any questions about your journey in particular.