MEB because of NJP

Seaman Timmy

Registered Member
I've been a lurker since my 2nd LIMDU process started since by then my therapist was already bringing up MEB. What qualifies as a misconduct but still unfit? I'm a little concerned over this since this would be close to my situation. In short, over a year ago I had an NJP and got max punishment and ended up in the ward that night over some suicidal actions that I took. (pills). My CO, then put me on LIMDU. I just got off the phone with the attorney and they said that any misconduct related to my injury would be grounds for admin sep with no benefits. Would this qualify as that and how would It affect my discharge? My main diagnosis is "Other reactions to severe stress."

Secondly I have a condition on my spine, (retrolisthesis), and it started when I went cranking over a year ago and its gotten worse over the the last couple of months. It wasn't until recently I got an X-ray and it showed 3 mm of retrolisthesis and mild facet arthrosis. Mostly because I literally told them that it was hurting to the point that I was always in pain while running, trying to exercise, and even washing the dishes. Would this be something to bring up as another diagnosis for the MEB?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
If an MEB is started, you will meet with the MSC (VA rep). AT this time you claim everything you have. The MSC will review your records and help you make every VA claim you are entitled to claim.

Guardguy11

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Timmy, you are a current service member, so when they say, "separation with no benefits", they are talking about DOD benefits.

You qualify for VA benefits if;
- You served in the military
- Have a service connected injury (documented in your military medical records)
- Discharged with anything other than dishonorable

If you meet these three criteria, you will be able to apply for benefits at discharge from the service. My assumption is that you have under 10 years of service and enlisted, and in that case, your VA benefits would trump your DOD benefits anyway since you can't claim CDRP unless you have 20 years of TAFMS.

Bottom line, the only real DOD benefit for a guy in your situation is tricare for life for your whole family at 30% disability. The VA will cover you for all of your service connected injuries. I say all of this to say, if they push an admin sep, don't freak out. Talk to a lawyer to know your rights, but don't let it stress you out.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">