MEB disabilities

boojrnum89

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hi, i'm being med boarded for a shoulder surgery that went bad. Currently this shoulder is in pain and might need surgery again so im guessing the va? will cover this process. Also will the va cover physical therapy after surgery and medicines? I also have a left shoulder that needs surgery a broken foot taht needs surgery and ADD, high blood pressure. Will the va cover these disabilities for free or will i have to fight for 30% from army instead of severence. Thanks

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The VA will compensate for all service connected disabilities rated at 10% or more. Your VA health care coverage will depend on your Priority Group (which is determined by several factors, including period/place of service, degree of disability, and income).

The bigger question is why would you not fight for what you are due from the Army in the first place. If you think you should be retired, I would fight for it.

boojrnum89

PEB Forum Regular Member
so since i'm being med boarded for my right shoulder can i get disability for that one, my left one that is messed up and my foot? all service related? or will va cover the other 2 and just the one thats part of the MEB. Also i did some snooping around and under mental there's "pain" is that in regards to physical pain from bad surgeries? would i be able to claim that since i've been to pain managment about 20 times. Thanks

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
so since i'm being med boarded for my right shoulder can i get disability for that one, my left one that is messed up and my foot? all service related? or will va cover the other 2 and just the one thats part of the MEB. Also i did some snooping around and under mental there's "pain" is that in regards to physical pain from bad surgeries? would i be able to claim that since i've been to pain managment about 20 times. Thanks
You can get compensated from the military for all unfitting conditions incurred during a period of eligible service. The MEB should consider all conditions that fail to meet retention standards. The VA will compensate for all service connected conditions that are compensable (rated at least 10%).

There is a "pain syndrome" as a mental health disorder and there are other conditions (like fibromyalgia) that have a strong pain component. But by itself pain is not compensable (it is not considered a "condition"). Pain that limits your range of motion, as a result of a condition, will be rated (but it is not the pain that is being rated, it is the underlying condition). Back or neck conditions that cause tenderness to palpitation will be rated, too. Of course, these conditions must be unfitting before the PEB can rate you on them.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">