MEB for lower back. Other issues not addressed

I was placed on a MEB today by my PCM due to my profiles over the last four years and only doing AC measurement for my PT tests. My profiles are for multiple conditions, however, he's claiming my last three profiles are from low back pain which is not true. My last two profiles were due to medication change for depression/anxiety and migraines. But because those previous doctors (not my Pcm btw) kept extending my profile from low back pain, they're only reviewing me for back pain. I currently have the following conditions:

- Mild sleep apnea (yes for cpap)
- Generalized Anxiety disorder
- Major depression disorder 1 episode, moderate
- Migraines without aura, not intractable, without status migrainosus (botox injections every 12 weeks)
- Lower back pain with X-ray and MRI revealing minimal levoscoliosis, Ligament of flavum hypertrophy and minimal facet arthropathy. Small disc bulge with no canal narrowing.
- growing fibroid at 5cm

I find it sketchy that with all these conditions, they're only doing a MEB for my lower back. My question is:

Will PEB look into ALL my medical conditions or will they just look at my lower back when reviewing for unfit/fit conditions and determining military separation or retirement?

When you meet with the VA's MSC you can claim all conditions. The MEB is suppose to consider all conditions that may be unfitting. If the informal PEB does not find a condition unfitting that is listed as such in the MSD you can get counsel and appeal to the formal PEB.

I was placed on a MEB today by my PCM due to my profiles over the last four years and only doing AC measurement for my PT tests. My profiles are for multiple conditions, however, he's claiming my last three profiles are from low back pain which is not true. My last two profiles were due to medication change for depression/anxiety and migraines. But because those previous doctors (not my Pcm btw) kept extending my profile from low back pain, they're only reviewing me for back pain. I currently have the following conditions:

- Mild sleep apnea (yes for cpap)
- Generalized Anxiety disorder
- Major depression disorder 1 episode, moderate
- Migraines without aura, not intractable, without status migrainosus (botox injections every 12 weeks)
- Lower back pain with X-ray and MRI revealing minimal levoscoliosis, Ligament of flavum hypertrophy and minimal facet arthropathy. Small disc bulge with no canal narrowing.
- growing fibroid at 5cm

I find it sketchy that with all these conditions, they're only doing a MEB for my lower back. My question is:

Will PEB look into ALL my medical conditions or will they just look at my lower back when reviewing for unfit/fit conditions and determining military separation or retirement?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, I concur with @chaplaincharlie's feedback.

In addition, since the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process is a performance-based system, one important factor is the impact of all medical conditions affecting the military service member's ability to "reasonably perform duties of his or her office, grade, rank or rating."

That said, it's highly beneficial to ensure that all medical conditions are annotated onto the MEB NARSUM documentation by the MEB physician via the results of the DoVA C&P examinations. If not, then it's suggested to invoke your MEB appeal opportunities to correct any mistaken oversights that may exist prior to potentially entering the PEB phase of the DoD IDES process.

At that point, a decision is made by the MEB authority as to which conditions are "medically acceptable" and "medically unacceptable" for continued military service. If there exist at least one "medically unacceptable" condition then the MEB documentation is forwarded to the PEB/IPEB for a medical fitness determination of all MEB conditions. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!