MEB initiation, timeline and confusion

Bm2W

Registered Member
Good morning everyone,
My first post.
I had a recommendation for MEB and an examination occur back in June (I'll update with exact day later), just got my completed MEB package with NARSUM back on Thursday, 03 Dec. I also had a line of duty investigation. Based on command's remarks, I believe that has been completed, but I wasn't notified as to whether or not that is the case.

So the beautiful part about the whole CG process has to be how clear it is. The complete lack of communication... the confusion... I love my service, but I wish we could move into the new era of using computers and email instead of phones and fax. Anyway.

To give a short summary of my case;

I'm being evaluated for a dx of PTSD and MDD for some stuff while on duty. So this may prove to be quite informative, as I haven't read anything on the CG part of the forum about behavioral health issues causing a MEB (unless I missed something).

As I have no idea where I'm at in this process, does anyone have any advice regarding next steps, or things I can do to help myself along?

I just started the process as well. I've seen 2 mental evaluators who came up with same diagnosis of dysthymia and anxiety with panic attacks. I've also had 2 different therapists. They have recieved my MEB package 2 months ago and i haven't heard anything yet from the findings.

Thought I'd update on this. Got the message from Mrs. Brown that my meb packet has entered the queue for Ipeb. Says adjudication is currently less than six months.

Kalaborde, yeah I'm on my sixth? I think, mental health professional, but my second therapist at this point. CG got me in touch with the VA for therapy. It's... helpful, i guess. Still not sure about it.

Dysthymia, huh? Isn't that a chronic depression thing? Can't see that being much fun, either.

Timeline;
Initial dx: 12jun
Light duty chit: 12jun
Med eval: 02jul
Meb packet back: 26nov
Packet sent to ipeb: 10dec

Yeah it is a depressive disorder and the medical manual says it's an automatic disqualified and so is my second diagnosis of anxiety

Gotcha. Same kinda thing. It's all disqualifying. Have you been dealing with the VA for any counseling or meds? I am. I thought it would be really horrible, but it's actually very helpful.

Funny thing is, I go to the VA every 2 weeks, and despite the bad rep that the VA has, they are a million times faster than the CG at getting things done.

Now I have to figure out if CG will let me have a surgery to repair my SLAP tear in my shoulder, or if I'll have to wait until discharge for it...

Timeline;
Initial dx: 12jun
Light duty chit: 12jun
Med eval: 02jul
Meb packet back: 26nov
Packet sent to ipeb: 10dec
Email back from ipeb: 17dec

I see a behavioral therapist once a week not a VA counselor but I have seen va mental evaluators twice and they came up with my diagnosis