Meb/Peb Process lessons learned

Noobzor

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well, after almost 400 days from being coded for meb processing, I finally signed my 356!

I figured I would share some of my experiences both good and bad for this process.

1. Know the afi front and back, 42-210, 36-3212, and also the dodi reg. This was by far the best thing I could have done for my self. I was in a interesting situation where my clinic contracted the peblo job so there was zero experience. Over the tenure of my meb, I dealt with 4 peblos whom all knew pretty much nothing. I had to pull regulations on them to hold them accountable.
And yes, civilian employees are pretty much invincible. That is unless you cc, their supervision and yours as well.

2. Get as many evaluation and reports from multiple doctors. This not only gives you more records to back your claim, but one doctor may miss something big. Also on this, stay current on the dates of appointments you went to. In my case, my meb was so long, my surgical consult didn't matter anymore since it was older than 6 months. And also my Commanders letter expired as well.

3. Be skeptical on everything! I was told from my peblo that it was weird I was doing an imr as no one does those and they hold everything up. Wrong! , They also tried to use my IMR doctor was my CMA rebuttal doctor, wrong again. Holding them accountable helped my case for adding another cat1 condition.

Basically the above is what I learned that no one will do for you. It may be work and it may suck, but at the end of the day, your the one loosing your job. While your sitting around stressing, use that time to research.

I ended up with PDRL and a va rating I didn't think I could get.

Well, after almost 400 days from being coded for meb processing, I finally signed my 356!

I figured I would share some of my experiences both good and bad for this process.

1. Know the afi front and back, 42-210, 36-3212, and also the dodi reg. This was by far the best thing I could have done for my self. I was in a interesting situation where my clinic contracted the peblo job so there was zero experience. Over the tenure of my meb, I dealt with 4 peblos whom all knew pretty much nothing. I had to pull regulations on them to hold them accountable.
And yes, civilian employees are pretty much invincible. That is unless you cc, their supervision and yours as well.

2. Get as many evaluation and reports from multiple doctors. This not only gives you more records to back your claim, but one doctor may miss something big. Also on this, stay current on the dates of appointments you went to. In my case, my meb was so long, my surgical consult didn't matter anymore since it was older than 6 months. And also my Commanders letter expired as well.

3. Be skeptical on everything! I was told from my peblo that it was weird I was doing an imr as no one does those and they hold everything up. Wrong! , They also tried to use my IMR doctor was my CMA rebuttal doctor, wrong again. Holding them accountable helped my case for adding another cat1 condition.

Basically the above is what I learned that no one will do for you. It may be work and it may suck, but at the end of the day, your the one loosing your job. While your sitting around stressing, use that time to research.

I ended up with PDRL and a va rating I didn't think I could get.
I'm trying to figure out how long the IMR stays red after return to duty. Went through my MEB for over a year, all the way up to SAFPC. I'm still coded in IMR. Now it's not a terrible thing as I'm finally at 19yrs and it keeps me in place for a while. But I find it odd that after 2 months of being RTD my IMR is still reflecting MEB status

The IMR color won't change until they update the date on when the "profile" ends and remove the code 37. If you are still on a code 31 or a waiver for anything, then it will stay red until that expiration date.

Most likely answer is that your IMR has not been updated where you are yet.

I agree with everything on your list. I would add:

Know the definition of everything asked on every relevant DBQ

Know the CFR relevant to C&P.

Network!

I agree with everything on your list. I would add:

Know the definition of everything asked on every relevant DBQ

Know the CFR relevant to C&P.

Network!

I would say honestly without this site, i would probably been severanced with not as good of VA rating.

Biggest thing that got me in this process, is how much people DONT know about it. To include supervisors, commanders, and also the medical staff them selves. How some bases/posts have PEBLOS being paid contract what a E3 makes, and some bases paying them gs10/11 pay. You get what you pay for, and it was obvious to me.

Agreed