MEB Proceedings

Kwestermeyer

PEB Forum Regular Member
First off I just wanna say there is alot of awesome information located within this site. I have been going thru my MEB process since FEB 2010 because of a failed MMRB. I was looking to find out a little bit of information about what was sent up in my packet

1. Osteoarthrosis (ankle & foot). Does not meet retention standards
2. Chronic ankle pain / reflex sympathetic dystrophy. Does not meet retention standards
3. History of Bi-malleolar and tiba / fibula fractures. Does not meet retention standards
4. Sensorineural hearing loss, asymmetrical. Meets retention standards

Now please correct me if i am wrong but when the MEB Board looks at this and they make a decision based on the above the only ones that will be factored in are the ones that do not meet retention standards? But when and if i get seperated the VA looks at them all?

Also does this timeline look a little bit long my unit commander is looking at trying to get the MEB Process here adjusted because because they are taking so long island wide.

Date of MEB Physician Appointment:01/22/2010
Date Commander Notified of MEB Action:02/03/2010
Physical Exam Completed:02/19/2010
Date of initial PEBLO Counseling:02/22/2010
Date MEB Stopped/Pending Optimal Treatment:04/20/2010
Date of Physician's Notification of MEB Action:06/14/2010
Date Physician dictated MEB narrative Summary:06/14/2010
Date MEB with signatures of approving authority returned to PEBLO:07/08/2010
Date Patient counseled on MEB:07/09/2010
Date MEB Forwarded to PEB:07/13/2010

My Second question is my packet is going to FT. Lewis WA for final review anyone have a ballpark timeline on how long it usually takes the PEB boards to make decisons? I know it varies bacause of the number of packets they may have to review but im just trying to plan for my future after the military.

Thanks

Now please correct me if i am wrong but when the MEB Board looks at this and they make a decision based on the above the only ones that will be factored in are the ones that do not meet retention standards? But when and if i get seperated the VA looks at them all?

You are correct.

Also does this timeline look a little bit long my unit commander is looking at trying to get the MEB Process here adjusted because because they are taking so long island wide.

Date of MEB Physician Appointment:01/22/2010
Date Commander Notified of MEB Action:02/03/2010
Physical Exam Completed:02/19/2010
Date of initial PEBLO Counseling:02/22/2010
Date MEB Stopped/Pending Optimal Treatment:04/20/2010
Date of Physician's Notification of MEB Action:06/14/2010
Date Physician dictated MEB narrative Summary:06/14/2010
Date MEB with signatures of approving authority returned to PEBLO:07/08/2010
Date Patient counseled on MEB:07/09/2010
Date MEB Forwarded to PEB:07/13/2010

If you look at the regulations and the timeline goals, it is long. But for what actually happens with cases, this is normal/fast.

My Second question is my packet is going to FT. Lewis WA for final review anyone have a ballpark timeline on how long it usually takes the PEB boards to make decisons? I know it varies bacause of the number of packets they may have to review but im just trying to plan for my future after the military.
I stopped trying to guess about these timing issues a long time ago. I have just seen too many variations. But, you can sometimes get a sense of "trends" by looking at other peoples posts (some of the members on this site in the AF have been posting threads monthly based on when their MEBs were submitted and posting updates...if other folks from the Army/Navy did the same, others would have a better idea). I would say a few months, at least. If you appeal, it will take longer because then they have to schedule your Formal and review anything you submit after the Formal PEB.

Thanks

I can try to offer a little bit of hope. We expected my husband's decision to take a few months, but his was forwarded, also to Ft. Lewis, on June 25th 2010 and it was faxed back with a decision/findings on the afternoon of July 12th.

Best of luck!!

Got my paperwork back on 2 Aug 2010. Signed it now im awaiting the paperwork to be forwarded back to the PEB and then to HRC.