script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

MEB process initiated

Rjmish7

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I recently was put in for medical board about 2 weeks ago. I was transferred here in a Naval Hospital from my last command as LIMDU just this year on Feb for Orthopedics related. When i got here in the hospital i started seeing my psych doc as well for PTSD. Recently, my psych doc put me in for Med board, however she did not put PTSD as my diagnosis, which was weird because we undergo treatment for PTSD and medications. Instead, she put me in for "Other reactions to severe stress" as the diagnosis when i was reviewing it with my PEBLO in LIMDU smart. I am just concern about that, because we were talking about coping with PTSD and did treatment. I am just worried of how that will affect my medical board and my possible claims. How would this affect?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I would get copy of all encounter notes with this provider and list out the number of times PTSD was written as a diagnosis with dates. If a review of medical records revealed lots of PTSD notations, I would give the provider the list from encounter notes and ask why she changed the diagnosis on the MEB. I might seek another provider if I was not satisfied with her answer. I would keep that list from the C&P examiner.

Rjmish7

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I would get copy of all encounter notes with this provider and list out the number of times PTSD was written as a diagnosis with dates. If a review of medical records revealed lots of PTSD notations, I would give the provider the list from encounter notes and ask why she changed the diagnosis on the MEB. I might seek another provider if I was not satisfied with her answer. I would keep that list from the C&P examiner.
Well right now sir, she did end up putting me on a different provider because she ranked up or got put into a different position in the department. However, right before i got transferred to a different doctor she did submit my Medical Evaluation Board to the system. I looked at Tricare online, however it was only written once on the system. As far, as encounter forms i have to review that provider that diagnoses me last year for PTSD. Is that what you mean sir? I am also considering pulling back my MEB or doing an appeal if my DOD percent results comes back, and it is not good. What do you all think?

fmc1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Your mental health records won't show up in TOL. You have to request them separately like either from the behavioral health clinic or the records office.