MEB question

acft589

Registered Member
Hi everyone.

I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong thread.

I've been referred to a Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) due to a right shoulder injury, which is my dominant arm. Additionally, I have claimed a left shoulder sprain. I'm curious if my conditions will be assessed as bilateral, even though my right shoulder has three distinct conditions, with the right being the more severe one?

Depends on what the doctors write down during your exam. When it goes to the MEB they make the determination. I will say you wont get a retirement as a shoulder is only 20 percent. You need 30 percent or higher to retire. Youll most likely get a separation but youll get a severance pay based off your years of seevice. Once you get your VA form id claim as much stuff as possible as they will be filing a VA claim on your behalf.

Thank you for the response. Wow! I never knew they low ball shoulder injuries like that. Are you saying a damaged rotator cuff tear, tendon tear and AC joint arthritis on your dominant shoulder only gets you 20%? With X-rays and MRI on file!

Thank you for the response. Wow! I never knew they low ball shoulder injuries like that. Are you saying a damaged rotator cuff tear, tendon tear and AC joint arthritis on your dominant shoulder only gets you 20%? With X-rays and MRI on file!
Yep.

The following might include pertinent info:

See Diagnostic Codes under 38 CFR § 4.73 for shoulder and arm conditions.

Ron