MEB rank without PME

Josh1470

Registered Member
New here and have a question.

I’m about to be referred to start the MEB process and have a SLC date that would be during the process. I wouldn’t be able to attend school due to the profile and the whole process. I am currently already an E-7 for the past two years. Is it going to matter that I don’t complete my PME before getting out? Would they demote me or anything? Thanks

Not on the basis on a MEB/PEB.

New here and have a question.

I’m about to be referred to start the MEB process and have a SLC date that would be during the process. I wouldn’t be able to attend school due to the profile and the whole process. I am currently already an E-7 for the past two years. Is it going to matter that I don’t complete my PME before getting out? Would they demote me or anything? Thanks
Ensure that missing PME is considered in your fit/unfit decision (request that it be put into your commander's statement). If you are found fit for duty, then you will likely have to figure out what rules apply. However, being unable to attend PME is generally a very good reason to be found "unfit" for duty by your PEB.

Edit: Being found "unfit" isn't a good/bad thing, it just means you will be retired/separated according to the percentages. Being found "fit" may or may not be a good thing, depending on if you want to stay in the Army or not.