MEB referred conditions vs IPEB unfitting conditions

7869jake

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey folks,

My MEB met today and I just got the results. Since Im AF, the IRILO reviewed 3 conditions of mine and recommned them to the MEB. Today, the MEB decided to only refer 2 of these conditions to the IPEB. However, the condition they left out (adjustment disorder) does meet the Air Force Medical Standards Directory's requirements as an unfitting condition; just a small item was missed on the NARSUM.

That being said, Im having a hard time wrapping my head around an MEB referred condition, and what conditions the IPEB can find as unfitting. If I do not contend adding adjustment disorder as a referred condition, is it still possible for the IPEB to find it as unfitting? Or will they only look at the referred conditions?

I believe that this should qualify as an unfitting condition, so should I fight this now with a rebuttle letter, or is this something I can just address through a FPEB?

twilli1313

Registered Member
Following, because I am in the same boat as you. I was only referred by my physician for 3 conditions but adjustment disorder was not one of the 3. My only concern is whether I will exceed the 30% rating threshold for DOD or not. As long as I hit that 30% to be medically retired instead of separated then the adjustment disorder is irrelevant. However, in both of our cases if we were to get a DOD rating of 20% then I'd be sick to my stomach knowing the Adjustment Disorder could have bumped me up to the 30%...just my thought anyways. I just finished my C&P exams last week and waiting on VA Ratings as well as determination of fit/unfit for my 3 conditions.

Best of luck buddy!

7869jake

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Following, because I am in the same boat as you. I was only referred by my physician for 3 conditions but adjustment disorder was not one of the 3. My only concern is whether I will exceed the 30% rating threshold for DOD or not. As long as I hit that 30% to be medically retired instead of separated then the adjustment disorder is irrelevant. However, in both of our cases if we were to get a DOD rating of 20% then I'd be sick to my stomach knowing the Adjustment Disorder could have bumped me up to the 30%...just my thought anyways. I just finished my C&P exams last week and waiting on VA Ratings as well as determination of fit/unfit for my 3 conditions.

Best of luck buddy!
We are definitely on the same timeline then. I'm hoping to hear something back from the IPEB soon. I already know that I'll be reaching out to OAC, and will talk with them about this. I'll be sure to post back any information that I find

twilli1313

Registered Member
We are definitely on the same timeline then. I'm hoping to hear something back from the IPEB soon. I already know that I'll be reaching out to OAC, and will talk with them about this. I'll be sure to post back any information that I find
First time replying with a quote for me, but I’d sincerely appreciate that and if for some reason I get any clarification before you do then I’ll be sure to do the same!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">