MEB started really fast... too fast?

tm91

Registered Member
I had an inguinal hernia repair about a year before I joined and all was well until the site started progressively more and more painful. I first went to see my PCM and after my second appointment was referred to General Surgery for an evaluation. After being told I dont have another hernia and have chronic pain, my PCM referred me to pain management. On my second appointment they said the only thing they could do is a nerve block which can carry complications of its own. I declined it in fear of being in more pain than I already am so the pain management clinic sent their notes back to my PCM. I called my PCM and he emailed me a list of info he would need. I sent it and almost got an immediate response that he submitted my MEB paperwork. I received a call from someone that said they received my doctors request and would call within 2-3 weeks to schedule my first appointment.
What worries me is how fast this happened, from the time I was first seen to the MEB being initiated has only been 3 months. Ive read on here where it takes forever to even have it started I just dont know why mine started so fast???
thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
MEB can be relatively fast.

Below is the timeline of my first MEB
23 Apr 08 Myocardial Infarction and Stent Implanted
4 Jun 08 CC's letter signed (strong retain)
9 Jun 08 Signed NARSUM and Letter of Exception
18 Jun 08 PEB RTD ALC C2

Less than two months after a LAD (widow maker) heart attack! The full PEB process with ratings takes much longer.

tm91

Registered Member
Thanks for the reply, I didn't know if this was uncommon or not. I had just been reading that it can take several months to years to even get a MEB initiated. I don't think I will qualify for ratings or anything since my surgery was originally performed by civilian doctors so I'm hoping this process moves fairly quick

Leah042

Registered Member
My first appointment with my PMC was on Jan 8 2015. Yesterday, Feb 18 2015 I got a call about coming to my first MEB appointment, so just over 1 month. Talk about fast! I didn't even know I was going to be MEB.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">