MEB Timeline - Moody AFB

I'm 3 months shy of 20, and I think my PCM and specialty doc are going to submit my name for a DAWG review, more than likely will result in MEB. But I've been in your shoes. I was MEBd at 17 yrs and change. I appealed to SAFPC and got RTD. It was a tough road but it worked out for me.

I'm about three weeks short of 19 years... Where are you at in the process?
I'm about to go to the formal board, from what I'm hearing I'm going to be most likely found unfit and will continue to drag out my time with the SECAF. Then I might pull my appeal after I make it past 19 years and just apply for LAS.

I'm about to go to the formal board, from what I'm hearing I'm going to be most likely found unfit and will continue to drag out my time with the SECAF. Then I might pull my appeal after I make it past 19 years and just apply for LAS.
Unless you don't want to be found fit, there's no benefit to pulling your appeal. You can apply for LAS after the SecAF appeal according to my attorney.

Unless you don't want to be found fit, there's no benefit to pulling your appeal. You can apply for LAS after the SecAF appeal according to my attorney.
I can apply for LAS after the SECAF appeal but after I hit 19 years, I don't know if I see the point in dragging out the waiting period on the appeal. I'm hearing that the SECAF appeal is running 6-9 months right now. And like I stated earlier today that LASes are getting accepted after you hit 19 years. I've been fighting a chronic illness since 2011 and I'm just trying to hit 20 and be done. I'd love to be returned to duty but this isn't my first med board and I'm tired of the AF telling me when it's convenient to them that I can't do my job. I'll keep ya posted. Good luck on your SECAF appeal.

Exactly Cuban.. you do t want to risk them denying it.. after that you are basically out of options if the LAS doesn't go through. so of youre even 1 day shy of 20, youre one day shy and out of luck. So I'd keep my case at the SECAF for as long as it takes and then apply for LAS after I've been found unfit.. trust me, take no chances, because if they can save money on one person not reaching 20, they will!

Mine SECAF appeal didn't budge for 5 solid months. That additional wait got me where I needed to be.

Oh man... I would worry much less if that's true.

LAS was once nearly impossible to get in the AF.
I'm still awaiting my SAFPC appeal verdict, which is forecasted to come back between Sep-Nov. If I loose that appeal, I'll apply for LAS as well. My attorney recently said that the LAS approval rate for folks at 19 years is higher than it's ever been. I guess anything can change, but let's hope that s the case. I'm 2 months shy of 19 and hope to make it to 20 myself. Good luck!

I'm still awaiting my SAFPC appeal verdict, which is forecasted to come back between Sep-Nov. If I loose that appeal, I'll apply for LAS as well. My attorney recently said that the LAS approval rate for folks at 19 years is higher than it's ever been. I guess anything can change, but let's hope that s the case. I'm 2 months shy of 19 and hope to make it to 20 myself. Good luck!
Have you heard anything back yet? My wife submitted her appeal in May and we have yet to hear anything.

But what does that mean? That it used to be 5% and now it's 25%? That's still terrible. Hopefully it's much higher than that.

Right now everyone has been accepted to LAS if they are 1. over 19 years, 2. have commander approval (memo) and 3. not have a mental health condition that requires a TDR. Also the LAS process is supposed to be changing in the next month or so. They will offer it sooner and possibly grandfather some of the folks who are sitting at the SECAF appeal into the program.

Right now everyone has been accepted to LAS if they are 1. over 19 years, 2. have commander approval (memo) and 3. not have a mental health condition that requires a TDR. Also the LAS process is supposed to be changing in the next month or so. They will offer it sooner and possibly grandfather some of the folks who are sitting at the SECAF appeal into the program.

That's some pretty specific information. Where does it come from?

Have you heard anything back yet? My wife submitted her appeal in May and we have yet to hear anything.
I appealed in March and no verdict yet. We don't expect to hear anything until Sep 1st at the earliest. Good luck and hang in there!

Hello, I dont want to crap on anyone's parade, but I'd like to know where this information is coming from. I was approved for LAS in NOV of 2016. According to the legal office at Randolph and my PEBLO, as of today (20 Aug 18) no one has been approved since. Mine was the first approved in 3 years prior. If this is legitimately coming from the legal office at Randolph, then someone is not telling the truth.

I was just approved today for the LAS, I can only speak for the Air Force but they are accepting everyone who is over 19 years, who is not on the temporary retirement list and who has command support. I wish everyone luck with their process. I submitted the request on 16 Oct so I was approved in less than a month.