Med Board Initiation

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Well, that's something positive. Good luck and let us know how it goes. I had to go to the clinic to meet with the Dr yesterday and basically the CG Doc is redoing my entire NARSUM. I think it's a positive thing that's going to save me trouble later on, plus he did my ROM and after sitting in a car for 2 hours I'm sure my results are favorable. I'm having a epidural block on Wednesday so hopefully I won't be hurting as bad. Kind of nervous about having a long needle infected into my spine, didn't help that I googled it and watched a You Tube video.
Good luck on the reconsideration brother!
Understood, since those types of epidural block needles are no joke; been there and done that on multiple occasions without any relief of my persistent lower back pain! :(

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

J. Atkinson

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Still waiting on a reconsideration decision. Poor communication is common practice, and I feel like the CG office prides themselves on the "shrouded in mystery" business model.

tsj12bbm

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I couldn't agree more about the "shrouded in mystery" comment.
What do you mean by reconsideration? Did you request a formal board or is this just your lawyer requesting the informal to reconsider their decision?

J. Atkinson

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I couldn't agree more about the "shrouded in mystery" comment.
What do you mean by reconsideration? Did you request a formal board or is this just your lawyer requesting the informal to reconsider their decision?
You can submit a reconsideration request before you make a decision on your 4808 form. Basically, a last ditch effort to present evidence to the IPEB hoping for a higher % before you decide to accept/reject findings.

J. Atkinson

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Reconsideration request was denied. Accepted my findings and taking a good civilian job that I would've missed out on otherwise. Paid a few thousand toward civilian counsel up front for the initial MEB rebuttal and it didn't really pay off in the long run. I would recommend just going with JAG appointed Attorney's to assist, just my personal opinion.

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Reconsideration request was denied. Accepted my findings and taking a good civilian job that I would've missed out on otherwise. Paid a few thousand toward civilian counsel up front for the initial MEB rebuttal and it didn't really pay off in the long run. I would recommend just going with JAG appointed Attorney's to assist, just my personal opinion.
Indeed, I am saddened read about your unfavorable reconsideration albeit it's good news about your acceptable of a forthcoming civilian employment position. ;)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

tsj12bbm

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Sucks to hear about the denial, but glad you already have a good job lined up. Good luck!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">