MEDBOARD FINDINGS

virus911s

Registered Member
Good Afternoon,

Looking for some advise. I recently went through the Medboard process. My results as follows;

THE BOARD FINDS THE SOLDIER IS PHYSICALLY UNFIT AND RECOMMENDS A RATING OF 60% AND THAT THE SOLDIER'S DISPOSITION BE PERMANENT DISABILITY RETIREMENT.

DOD (retired pay) is at 1785.00
VA rating @ 70% is at 1638.25

Is this a full Medical retirement?
Do I have to select one or do I keep both payouts? I was told I have 10 days to sign?
Do I receive tricare for my family?

I'm very thankful, but weary at the same time. I have been fighting this for 5 years

Thank you for the help! Its much appreciated.

How many years in? It is a full medical with Tricare for the family. If less than 20 years and its not combat related, you'll receive 1638.25 from the VA each month and 146.75 from the Dod that will be taxed. More than 20 you'll get both added together, if combat related it gets a bit more complicated.

Heads up, it'll take 2+ months to get your Dod money after retirement date.

How many years in? It is a full medical with Tricare for the family. If less than 20 years and its not combat related, you'll receive 1638.25 from the VA each month and 146.75 from the Dod that will be taxed. More than 20 you'll get both added together, if combat related it gets a bit more complicated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170812-175343.png
    Screenshot_20170812-175343.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 72
This is going to sound strange, but I never received that form, name of it? Can I get to it on MYPAY?

Thanks for the info! It's combat related, 10 years. So you think I will receive both? Is the dod medical pay taxed?

Whats the name of the screenshot form?