MEDCON Orders

Foxrun

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am a dual status guardsman. I was recently injured (ligaments/knee)while deployed on title 10 for more than 90 days. Upone returning home my orders were extended 30 days to allow more time for the Medical Sq. to submitt my MECON Orders. They were denied due to insufiecient paper work submitted by the Medical Sq.. From there i was put on Incapacitation pay and was told i would be on it until such
time that the full treatment regimen is complete. Two days ago i was pullede from Incap Pay and told to return to light duty as a civ technician. I go to therapy 2-3 days per week, multiple Doc.appts every month, surgery scheduled at the end of this month and i have no leave from my civ technician job to do such appts. I questioned them why i wasnt on MEDCON orders to begin with and then why they took me off of Incap Pay when my medical status hasnt changed from day one. They said to do my Appts on my own time and once my surgery come i will be put on Incap pay or MEDCON Orders.
Any Suggestions?

AmyGallay

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Are you active Guard? Is that what you mean by dual status?
Then you are not doing it "on your own time".
If you are on Incap, why would you need to be put on MedCon orders?

Foxrun

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Are you active Guard? Is that what you mean by dual status?
Then you are not doing it "on your own time".
If you are on Incap, why would you need to be put on MedCon orders?
I'm a Civilian Federal Technician during the week and a traditional ANG on the weekend(Same job, two differment status's)
They took me off Incap for no logical reason, there exact words were"the units not going to pay you to sit at home and do nothing". Since Incap was discontinued I've had to return to my Civilian Federal Technician job for income, even thought i'm not cleared to do my job. Basically i just sit at a desk. And they expect me to continue all my treatments outside of work hours, thats what i meant by "on my own time".

Tim B

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi Foxrun,

To me it seems like the first thing that you need to have your unit complete is if the injury occurred while on Title 10 is THEY NEED TO COMPLETE A LINE OF DUTY (LOD) and if after that is completed and your injury isn't stabilized and you need further medical treatment is be put back on MedCon orders until such time that you have been medically cleared to return to your job, and if your condition(s) are not healed enough to where you can complete your job duties then they should start an MEB. But the first thing is to have a LOD completed for each condition occurring in LOD while on Title 10, then resubmit your MedCon packet.

For me, I had to write up a detailed letter to my unit PCM who then sends the MedCon packet request to AFMOA which is my service specific organization that approves my MedCon. In my letter I had to detail any further medical appointments, treatments, and treatment plans detailing that my injury was still being treated and has not stabilized, I listed every appointment and medical procedure that I needed in the upcoming months for my injury, and this coupled with my unit PCM's write up/MedCon request I was never denied MedCon. I was on MedCon for over a year plus and had to reapply for MedCon orders every 60 days, so I wrote up over 5 plus letters detailing why I needed to be on MedCon. You are your best advocate and you are the only one who is going to fight for your rights/benefits that you have earned, so don't give up. I would google your service specific regulations that pertain to LODs and MedCon then bring this to your unit PCM or Medical and show them how they are screwing you over by not doing what is legally required.

You should never have to use your own time to complete medical treatments/medical appointments for an injury that occurred while on Title 10. Keep up the fight, and keep us posted.

Tim B

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Oh, by the way here is an attachment for my service specific regulation that deals with LODs. You can read this over then maybe use some of this wording to refine your google search to locate your exact service specific regulations that pertain to LODs. Or you can just post some more info, i.e. What branch?

Attachments

AmyGallay

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Was your injury for surgery due to your guard training or your civilian job?

Foxrun

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thank you. I, ve been reading everything i can the past few days. My Branch, Air National Guard, injury occurred whiled deployed to Kuwait, title 10, LOD I was told was complete, But havent seen it yet yet.

Foxrun

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just couldnt believe they took me off orders to put me on Incap Pay, didnt make sense, then what seemed for no reason, terminate the Incap pay and tell me I had to go back to my civilain job, and tell me to somehow accomplish my dr appts. and physical therapy after my civilian work hours.

peach257

Registered Member
I am a dual status guardsman. I was recently injured (ligaments/knee)while deployed on title 10 for more than 90 days. Upone returning home my orders were extended 30 days to allow more time for the Medical Sq. to submitt my MECON Orders. They were denied due to insufiecient paper work submitted by the Medical Sq.. From there i was put on Incapacitation pay and was told i would be on it until such
time that the full treatment regimen is complete. Two days ago i was pullede from Incap Pay and told to return to light duty as a civ technician. I go to therapy 2-3 days per week, multiple Doc.appts every month, surgery scheduled at the end of this month and i have no leave from my civ technician job to do such appts. I questioned them why i wasnt on MEDCON orders to begin with and then why they took me off of Incap Pay when my medical status hasnt changed from day one. They said to do my Appts on my own time and once my surgery come i will be put on Incap pay or MEDCON Orders.
Any Suggestions?
You can apply for INCAP pay for your missed time for any appointment related to your LOD injury. You will need proof of appointments. You will need to file for LWOP on your technician time card.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I think you could challenge either the termination of your orders or the denial of INCAP pay. AFBCMR may be your first stop if you want to challenge this.

surfnut19

Registered Member
I am dual status technician for the Florida Air National Guard 125th fighter wing jacksonville fl.
queastion:
1st.- do you have a union there and if so are you a member?
2nd.- where you ever placed on forced leave from your technician job.
3rd.-for the incapacitation pay how many months have you been on it.
4th.- was the uncap pay stopped on a local level "your base" or the incap pay extension request turn down by National Guard Bureau "NGB".

Foxrun

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
We do have a union, and it has 4 members. But no, i'm not a member
No never placed on forced leave, i took LWOP for my time for appts and INCAP
incap pay was over 2 mo.
the incap pay was stopped by the chief of the Medical squadron and when i questioned the IG about this i was told i should have never been on INCAP to begin with.

Foxrun

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Here is a whole other set of questions. As stated, i am a a full time technician and a traditional guardsman. I am currently on MEDCON orders due to surgery. My unit is in a rift/conversion and my position, both technician and guard is being eliminated next month. The length of my recovery from my injury is going to go well beyond next months rift timeframe and eventually in the coming months i'm going to be returned to light duty by my doc, and i will probably be on light duty for some time until i'm all better. But i wont have a job to return to light duty at because my technician position will be eliminated next month along with my traditional afsc. Will i be put on any type of mil status MEDCON/ INCAP until my injuries are healed? They wont give me any answers at my unit, wont let me cross train to a new careerfield due to being on a profile. I'm kind of being left out while everyone else effected is jumping into new careers. The technician side is pretty cut and dry, i think, "find a new technician job or get out of the program". But the military side isn't, i have 4 years left on my enlistment, 6 yrs to 20, and i want to stay in , but there not giving me any answers and time is coming fast.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">