Medial restrictions

tarain

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have been out of work civilian and military for 2+ months and my MD is going to allow me to return to my civilian job not to exceed 6 hours a day and no more than 4 days a week. Should my reserve unit observe the restrictions also?

Thank you kindly for your reply.

Only thing you can do is go to drill and follow your profile to the T...

Apply for social security, it will help offset your monthly income losses!

Tarain- Suggestion..There is now a USARC SURGEON PROFILE REQUEST PACKET that you should be able to obtain from your unit. Ask them for it, along with the instructions. Here is a copy of the instructions from the Packet, as it lists all the you will need, and the forms that you will need.
USARC SURGEON PROFILE REQUEST PACKET INSTRUCTIONS 1. Completely fill out the POC information at the top of the USARC Medical Profile Request Form. 2. Print out the packet. 3. Soldier completes Standard Form FCC 507, no action on these forms by the personal physician. 4. Obtain the Physician Letter, typed on physician's letterhead with signature and date (NO prescription pad notes). In most cases, this is easiest to accomplish by working through the Physician's office staff. They can prepare the document for signature prior to the patient's arrival if they know the requirements. - The requirements are: · Diagnosis, the process of determining by examination the nature and circumstances of a diseased condition/the decision reached from such an examination · Treatments, the administration or application of remedies to a patient or for a disease or an injury; medicinal or surgical management; therapy · Prognosis, the act or art of predicting the course of a disease/the prospect of survival and recovery from a disease as anticipated from the usual course of that disease or indicated by special features of the case · Any specific physical restrictions · Time limits 5. Obtain copies of Previous Profiles, Medical Board Results (MAR2 (MMRB), MEB, PEB) and LODs as appropriate, include them with the packet. 6. Determine if your PHA is current. If your PHA is not current it is often more expedient to submit your information during the PHA process. The information submitted with the PHA will generate a new profile. 7. Assemble all the documents and the USARC Medical Profile Request Form. 8. Unit Administrator or additional duty Medical Readiness Officer/NCO verifies that the packet is complete by signing the USARC Request Form. 9. Scan the packet and submit by e-mail to the appropriate RSC Command Surgeon or if directed, to your MSC for screening. 10. SUBJECT Line your e-mail message as “Profile Request”, Last Name and last 4 SSN. Example - Profile Request Jones 1234 11. Check your AKO account for the updated Profile in 7-14 days.
Hope this helps.

Tarain- Suggestion..There is now a USARC SURGEON PROFILE REQUEST PACKET that you should be able to obtain from your unit. Ask them for it, along with the instructions. Here is a copy of the instructions from the Packet, as it lists all the you will need, and the forms that you will need.
USARC SURGEON PROFILE REQUEST PACKET INSTRUCTIONS 1. Completely fill out the POC information at the top of the USARC Medical Profile Request Form. 2. Print out the packet. 3. Soldier completes Standard Form FCC 507, no action on these forms by the personal physician. 4. Obtain the Physician Letter, typed on physician's letterhead with signature and date (NO prescription pad notes). In most cases, this is easiest to accomplish by working through the Physician's office staff. They can prepare the document for signature prior to the patient's arrival if they know the requirements. - The requirements are: · Diagnosis, the process of determining by examination the nature and circumstances of a diseased condition/the decision reached from such an examination · Treatments, the administration or application of remedies to a patient or for a disease or an injury; medicinal or surgical management; therapy · Prognosis, the act or art of predicting the course of a disease/the prospect of survival and recovery from a disease as anticipated from the usual course of that disease or indicated by special features of the case · Any specific physical restrictions · Time limits 5. Obtain copies of Previous Profiles, Medical Board Results (MAR2 (MMRB), MEB, PEB) and LODs as appropriate, include them with the packet. 6. Determine if your PHA is current. If your PHA is not current it is often more expedient to submit your information during the PHA process. The information submitted with the PHA will generate a new profile. 7. Assemble all the documents and the USARC Medical Profile Request Form. 8. Unit Administrator or additional duty Medical Readiness Officer/NCO verifies that the packet is complete by signing the USARC Request Form. 9. Scan the packet and submit by e-mail to the appropriate RSC Command Surgeon or if directed, to your MSC for screening. 10. SUBJECT Line your e-mail message as “Profile Request”, Last Name and last 4 SSN. Example - Profile Request Jones 1234 11. Check your AKO account for the updated Profile in 7-14 days.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply but is that the same form used to start a MEB?

It can start a MEB, due to the info that is included in the evidence, but this is the form to start a profile (to include restricted work days), Temp and Permanent. My unit will no longer accept doc notes for missed drills, nor restrictions. This is how USARC is addressing new profiles and restrictions for USAR service members.

It can start a MEB, due to the info that is included in the evidence, but this is the form to start a profile (to include restricted work days), Temp and Permanent. My unit will no longer accept doc notes for missed drills, nor restrictions. This is how USARC is addressing new profiles and restrictions for USAR service members.

Kelly,

Thank you for this info my civilian MD is completing a letter for my FCC 507 I will ask that she note what my return to work restrictions will be. Hmm she will only allow me to work 4 days 6 hours a day per week in my civilian job. My MH doc’s opinion is that my preexisting condition was exacerbated by my back pain. I do not have an LOD for the mental health issue though. I figure the PEB will not review it and note it as NSC am I correct. I am a reserve member not active duty.