Medical Assignment Screening

Mackwiz

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Hi all,

So I just got my IPEB results back for one condition (Pan-Ulcerative Colitis) and I was found "Fit to continue Naval service". My MEB case manager gave me a "Medical Assignment Screening" form to take back to the same doctor who wrote my NARSUM. Of course, this is the same doctor that doesn't think I should be deployed because my colitis might return, despite the fact that I currently operate with no physical restrictions. This form has pretty much one question: Is the memeber worldwide assignable without limitations for duties consistent with RATE/RANK? I am almost assured the entire Gastroentrology department at NMCD Balboa will deny my worldwide status.

Now I know I cannot be kicked out but they can bar me from re-enlisting, so there is no way I am getting "fit but unsuitable" and admin separated.

I guess the question I have is, does anyone know how I can get past these doctors and get worldwide assignable? Is there any advice from someone who has gotten through the roadblock?

What I have learned; deploying is not a criteria to stay in the military nor are profiles. Provided you can execute at least one event of the PT test, at least in the Army. I do not agree but it just a fact. The Army thought process is kinda jacked up. My thought process is if you cant deploy and can not do the same as your peers you need to go. Indeed there are many individuals that think doing your job is the most important. However, when your name is called for deployment and you cant go it truly hurts not only yourself but the others within your organization.

In the event you had a second opinion and that doctor will sign off you would be good to go. Most doctors will not go against another doctors assessment.

Thanks. I just talked to my doctor and she said that she has to document the fact that I have a chronic condition, even though right now it is completely under control and I have no limitations. She keeps telling me that she is not a Military Medical Screener and thus she cannot sign this form.

Can anyone who has gone through the NAVY PEB and come back "fit" tell me where I am supposed to take this "Medical Assignment Screening" paperwork to? The MEB case manager keeps saying it is the doctor that referred me to the DES but the doctor is telling me she can't do it.

The biggest issue is that this is time pressing because I have a sea duty command (not ship) basically waiting on me to get cleared so they can pick me up, and billets go fast.

Mackwiz,

Take the form to the Medical Boards Office there at Balboa. They will be able to help. If you have questions, contact PERS-82, 901-874-3230. YNC