Medical Board Navy Contact #

I called yesterday and the lady was very nice. She told me that on March 9th my status was listed as 'Response Pending' which she explained to me as theya re awaiting my response but I have not heard anything from my PEBLO. I called the PEBLO office and they say it is with the VA rating officer. I told them I have already received my ratings from the VA (Packet in the mail) and was told by the VA that my ratings and information was already sent to DC back in February. Guess I am in the same boat as Greeneyezka and I hope to hear from them!

I'm so frustrated. My PEBLO said he didn't see anything for me, but the Med Board office in D.C. said it was faxed out March 5th, 2012 and is waiting for me to accept it. I don't know what to do. My PEBLO sucks and if the Med Board office in D.C. is saying that it was sent out, then I believe it was.

I would say you should be getting a call any time now. I just got my call from the PEBLO on mine. Ending up being 20% DOD and 60% VA. I have an appointment with them on Friday. I hope you hear soon!

I know it does not help but I called Washington on a Tuesday morning and they told me it was faxed the day before. So I immediately called the PEBLO and they said they have not received anything. I was kinda frustrated and then about an hour later they called me back and said they just received it and did the debrief the next day. I would think that you will hear anything minute now. Either today or tomorrow.

Well I didn't hear anything today either. The Ms. Harris in D.C. called me to say it wasn't an error and that the PEBLO should have had it. So I'm hoping for something maybe tomorrow. I'm happy for you all getting your info back. I'm still praying for mine.

If they dont have it by tomorrow I would call her back and ask what the procedure is for resending it. Tell her the PEBLO did not receive it.

I'm about to come off my second LIMDU, how long is it going to take to find out whether I'm fit or unfit?

it will depend on where you at in the process. 2 months to a year. There are case timelines on this site to get a general ideal.

I came off 2 limdu. Aug 11.
AUG11 refered to ides system
VA appointment sept
nov recieved narsum
nov11 rebutall to narsum
dec11 impartial medical review complete
Dec 11 pakage to dc
MAr 2012 still waiting to find out unfit or fit

You should find out any day now...My package was sent to Washington on like November 11th and I received my findings on February 29th. So you should hear something by 29th of March??? :)

If they still do not have a "fit or unfit" finding when my EAOS comes up, will I be extended? I'm only about a year away from my EAOS.

well it was fast... got results 7MAR12
40% PDRL
100% VA

Slorcoe,

I was just wondering what your conditions were? If you don't mind me asking... I am awaiting my VA rating and am wondering how they factored 40% PDRL. Thank you so much.

Birchtx,

Here you go:

PEB:
%40 Below Knee Amputation with TDRL

VA: %100 Ratig with findings below
%40 Below Knee Amputation
%50 Sleep Apnea with CPAP
%20 Cervical Spine Strain
%20 DDD L3-L4 to L5-S1
%20 Diabetes Mellitus type 2
%10 Tendonitis Left Shoulder
%10 Tendonitis Right Shoulder
%10 Right Hip Sprain
%10 Left Hip Sprain
%10 Right KNee Sprain
%10 Left Knee Sprain
%10 Left Ankle Sprain
%10 Tinnitus
%10 Retention Cyst of the Left Maxillary Sinus
%10 GERD and Gastritis
%10 Adjustment Disorder with depressed mood

If they still do not have a "fit or unfit" finding when my EAOS comes up, will I be extended? I'm only about a year away from my EAOS.

But when you are about 3 months from your EAOS I would start asking your PEBLO about it. Make sure its not something you/he has to request. More or less who starts the process.

Here at my base our CSD will see you at 30 days from your EAOS and start giving you 60 day increments for ID's.....

Slorcoe,

I was just wondering what your conditions were? If you don't mind me asking... I am awaiting my VA rating and am wondering how they factored 40% PDRL. Thank you so much.

About the %40 PDRL that was because of 3 thigns I can think of:

1) My injury is permanent- Amputation of right lower leg %40
2) My NMA from my command specifically discussed my job and my inabailty to do it anymore
3) I requested it. I selected that I wanted out permanently if the findings would go that way. I did not want TDRL or perm LIMDU.