Medical Evaluation Board Cancellation

Leggo11

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello to all!

This medical board process has been taking way to long with zero accountability at any level, I've been away from my wife for over a year and a half now, I'm completely drained to say the least. I lost all faith and trust in this process and it's honestly ashame that you can get out in less than 2 months on a regular admin sep but it takes over a YEAR for a med board. My EAS is coming up in early next year and I highly doubt I will be out of the service by then. I've made the decision that I will not extend if it comes to that, just wondering if anyone has any information or personal experience regarding how to waive a med board in total incase it comes down to that. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Waiving a medical board varies by rank and service. For example the USAF allows enlisted to waive, but not officers. I realize waiting is frustrating. But waiving a board could effect you the rest of your life.

If you're an Active Duty Marine refer to this order. It provides a lot, but not all, information that you should read up on if you haven't already.
MCO 1900.16.JPG

Sticking it out and finishing the PEB may be more rewarding in the long run. You may be able to request Home Awaiting Orders as well. That is cited in that MCO as well.

Sticking it out and finishing the PEB may be more rewarding in the long run. You may be able to request Home Awaiting Orders as well. That is cited in that MCO as well.
The more I thought about it the more I agree with you on it, I just love how there is zero family support through it!

Waiving a medical board varies by rank and service. For example the USAF allows enlisted to waive, but not officers. I realize waiting is frustrating. But waiving a board could effect you the rest of your life.
Thank you for the reply! I realized that this would have more negative than positive consequences for me by waiving it. I will have to go a different route such as HOA or congressional inquiry.

The more I thought about it the more I agree with you on it, I just love how there is zero family support through it!
Reach out to some non profit organizations. They may be able to help pay to have family come visit or stay with you. Unfortunately I don't know your situation, but there are many helping hands out there that know family is key. Best of luck.

Reach out to some non profit organizations. They may be able to help pay to have family come visit or stay with you. Unfortunately I don't know your situation, but there are many helping hands out there that know family is key. Best of luck.
Thanks for the reply! Me and my wife are dual military so unfortunately she can't move out here due to orders, and I can't PCS because of the med board, I feel like I'm in a grey area lol.

Thanks for the reply! Me and my wife are dual military so unfortunately she can't move out here due to orders, and I can't PCS because of the med board, I feel like I'm in a grey area lol.
Collect that paycheck my friend. What I've done is requesting to be placed in a more administrative position within the unit so instead of working on helicopters I've been sitting behind a desk auditing and just chillin till my results come back