Medical Package Check-in at IPEB. (USCG)

USCG2006

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good day coasties,
Here's an update on my medical board status. Received an email today from the IPEB stating that they administratively checked in my package at the Physical Evaluation Branch and it's currently in queue.

Here's a portion of the email I received :-

Good Afternoon,

Your Medical Evaluation Board has been administratively checked in by the Personnel Service Center, Physical Disability Evaluation Branch and is currently in the queue to be reviewed by the IPEB (Informal Physical Evaluation Board) President.

Timeline overview:
PSC-psd-de is currently averaging 12 months to adjudicate medical boards starting from the date of this e-mail. This is just an estimated timeline and there are many variables that can cause a delay in the adjudication of your case. Once the Board adjudicates your case and publishes the findings, I will call you to explain the findings, and discuss what the next steps are including your options for legal counsel.

Timeline on Medical Board Process....

December 2011 - Started Medical Board Process...
March 2012 - Command endorsement received and signed...
April 2012 - Medical Package Shipped out to IPEB...
August 2012 - Medical Package Administratively Checked in at IPEB...
Now waiting for my medical package to be reviewed and findings to be received....:(

I've heard the term, coasties do it better, well in this case NOT...

Dave..

At least you get emails from the PEB...I had to have my PEBLO check to find the same info. Are you Legacy or IDES...4 months between shipping the package to the IPEB and them checking it in is excessive, as is the 12 month recommended timeline for adjudication (at least, under IDES). More proof that there is no rhyme or reason/continuity in this silly MEB/PEB game they're playing with us.

I am not sure if IDES or Legacy..I am assuming IDES..It's really crazy to know that they place someone's life on hold for that long..My contract is up in January so I'm going to call them to find out what's going on with that..If I can just take my medical record to the VA and still get disability, I'll just do that and get out on my contract if they let me..

When I saw that email, I was fuming because my PEBLO said 6 months..I guess not..They just say that to keep you at ease..

Hi CRF450XNUT,
That's definitely a long wait which sucks because a person's movement forward is on hold. How many injuries are being checked by the board?

Dave

Hi CRF450XNUT,
That's definitely a long wait which sucks because a person's movement forward is on hold. How many injuries are being checked by the board?

Dave

Dave,

I'll try to get this right...

Spinal Stenosis
Bulged Disc
Prestige Artificial Disc (fusion)
Arthritis

I just got back from Oregon and Montana and while in transit they called for new ROM so I'll be taking care of that in Yorktown on Thursday.

I hope and pray that I get a decision back in the next few months now.

I forgot how long mine took. But I believe it was about 6 months after receiving that e-mail... Also, even with being medically retired it took 17 months after retirement (with a quick start claim) to receive my VA rating. Not trying to be negative, but it takes a long time. The decision is permanent (if PDRL and not TDRL), so I think they want to ensure they get it (somewhat) right.

Nope, sorry. Here's how long it took me:

Administrative Check-In of board at IPEB - 07Dec2010
IPEB Results - 29Mar2011

I'm going to post a new thread in USCG Timelines for others to see.

Good day coasties,
Here's an update on my medical board status. Received an email today from the IPEB stating that they administratively checked in my package at the Physical Evaluation Branch and it's currently in queue.

Here's a portion of the email I received :-

Timeline on Medical Board Process....

December 2011 - Started Medical Board Process...
March 2012 - Command endorsement received and signed...
April 2012 - Medical Package Shipped out to IPEB...
August 2012 - Medical Package Administratively Checked in at IPEB...
Now waiting for my medical package to be reviewed and findings to be received....:(

I've heard the term, coasties do it better, well in this case NOT...

Dave..

could you contact me if you get this i would really like to hear your story and time lines due to having the exact same injury thank you

if you can call would be even better 828-449-7459

That is right, they do not have IDES in the USCG....there process is a bit different than the "legacy system" used by other services in a few ways.