Medical Record Screening

Have you attended TAP classes yet? There are usually vetrans services that will review your medical record with you, and show you what the VA is going to review. The VA reviews all conditions, not only the unfitting conditions.

yeah I went to the DTAPs training, but no one there was able to go over the medical records with me and let me know what iwas able to claim, Because I know theres at least 5 different things I want compensation for, I wanna make sure that I can get funds for those kinda things. I know some things you wont get compensation for because I didnt see it in the VASRD.

Either way, once you submit the paperwork, your medical file will be reviewed and your conditions will be listed. If they do not list something, you always have the opportunity to make it known.

I know some things you wont get compensation for because I didnt see it in the VASRD.

Remember, just because it is not listed in the VASRD does not mean you cannot get compensated for a disease or disability. In cases where a condition is not listed, they will use an Analogous Rating.

Ive already tried going through them, and the guy that was there was pretty rude, he didnt wanna help me until i had my DD214 in hand. I just wanna know what I can and cant claim.

When you say you already tried them, is it the DAV or the actual VA office? Either way, if one didn't suffice try the other. If you are near NOB the Vet Reps there are awesome.

vtrice001,

You can claim any medical condition you believe to be serviced connected or aggrevated by your service. The VA will get your medical records and make their own determinations. The VA form 21-526 will show you how little information the VA needs you to supply on a condition. You can go on the VA website and look at this form and actually file electronically If a condition is annotated in your medical records you should claim it and let the VA tell you if it is/is not serviced connected and compensable. I have always worked my own claims rather than give a VSO organization a power of attorney and I have had success with the VA. It is a little work but you can learn the process. In a nutshell you can claim anything that's documented in your record that is a chronic or continuing problem or that you believe may be a probem down the road. But I would not file for something like a "sick call" headache or runny nose aside. Your common sense will lead you in the right direction. Even if you don't get a compensablle rating for a condition, it is worthwhile to have a condition determined service connected because don't the road the condition may change to a compensable rating.

Good luck with your claim

fdm

Im looking through my medical records right now and Im seeing a bunch of acute. But nothing says chronic. But Im being told that acute is the same thing as chronic. Can someone shed some light on this? Thank you.