Medical Retirement / Benefits start timeline

kak

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I medically retired on 29 May 17. My eBenefits page show that my disabilities are pending. How long should I expect for the status to update? Can I expect my first check on 1Jul?

Thanks!

I would not be expecting a check on July 1. My VA MSC said its been averaging about 65 days for final ratings after separation.

I would not be expecting a check on July 1. My VA MSC said its been averaging about 65 days for final ratings after separation.
Wow, even for medical retirement? I thought one of the benefits of med ret was seamless compensation b/c all the work has already been done.

Wow, even for medical retirement? I thought one of the benefits of med ret was seamless compensation b/c all the work has already been done.

To clarify, you will received your DOD check on 1 July (the full amount).

You won't start seeing the VA portion of your check until after your final adjudication some 65 days later.

I just checked ebenefits and everything is updated and my ratings are showing up with an as of date of 1Jun. Looks like I shouldn't have any issues with my first payment on 1Jul.

hey battle some help over here. I m doing MEB already completed all my VA appointments and I have in june 12 appointment for my army exam.. what should I expect next? I mean more details for the next steps

Did you get your 1 Jul payment?