Medical retirement NG

Cavmedic

Registered Member
Hello all , I have tried searching this but have not come up with any real answer to my question.

I just received my orders stating to be released of duty and being placed on the retirement list as of 10 August. I have been rated at 30% for the Army and 20% for the VA. At some point when everything is taken care of , i will request for a re-eval for VA % because I had to have a disc replacement since i went through my original board and should bring it up some.

My question is , how much can I expect to get for monthly retirement.

With using the (2.5%)x years in service , something does not make sense to me .

I have 14 years in the guard with a total of 3.5 years active duty time.

What numbers do i go off of to figure out my monthly for the formulas?

My rank was also E-5 , have gone through the MEB and PEB and apparently I am the first "Reservist" to go through this new pilot program @ Ft Meade and also in the PA guard . SO there are numerous questions that are going un-answered. Being the guinnea pig is kinda nice , but sucks at the same time.

Cavmedic,

Welcome!

I asked my military pay people if they could find a way to estimate what my "basic pay" was. NO luck with that. The best I could get out of them was that DFAS-CL would figure it out for me after I retired. I got 20% from the IPEB and the option to join the Retired Ready Reserves. I took it for a variety of personal reasons, so it became a moot point for me.

Good luck with your homework assignment! I'll be watching to see if you post more on this topic, since I'm still curious.

BTW... Jason, I tried to read the reg link that you posted, but sorry... it made my head hurt even worse than normal. :D There are so many variables!

-Colleen

yes, i have to agree that link is in another language , and i have yet to find a service to translate it. :D

Originally i was told by my peblo , i will get 50% of my base pay. But the more i looked into it , the less black and white I found. I shot him off an email again asking , and then was told that it is unknown because every case is different.

Lets just hope it is at least the same as my drill pay.

Hold on Cavmedic. I am sure someone will respond soon. I dont have the info that you need.