Medical separation

AngelsFan9

Registered Member
I've had multiple surgeries on my ankle/Achilles and on my other calf, these have been causing other pain and injury trying to return to fitness. At what point will they just let me go... everything is just getting worse even with therapy etc... causing a lot of anxiety, I'm 28 and would like to just move on and make a new life knowing there's no way I can retain to 20 years... help? They keep referring me to therapy and medication etc... I'm sick of pain meds... it's been over 2 years since I've been able to run or do a full pt test...

what service?
do you currently have a profile? how long have you been on profile- continuous no lapses
if it has been a year then at least in the army it "should" get changed to a P3 and trigger a MEB- not always true

Air Force and they have taken me on and off over and over to avoid that exact scenario for 2 years...

I don't know the in's and outs of AF, but I do know it starts with the "informal local board" the IRILO i believe. I would change dr's or talk to the surgeon to see if they would recommend it to you primary. AF has extra steps that the army does not. army- P3 triggers the MEB. there are timelines that are followed and with the "new" online system, I think it makes it so Dr's can't "cheat" and give you a paper profile and not enter it into the system

Is there a number to call or anyone to talk to about stuff like this? My base' medical books appointments out months away, so there's never continuity and nothing ever gets resolved, especially in more time sensitive cases... it feels impossible to ever really get what you need

This is where you need to discuss a possible MEB for your conditions with your PCM. If you think you have exhausted all treatment options, then hopefully your doctor will see that an MEB should be initiated...

Just make sure you know for a fact that all treatment options are exhausted and that you are non-deployable...