Medically discharged.

USCG2006

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good morning,
I was injured during LE training in 2009. My retina became detached in my right eye and I had a couple of retina holes in my left. I had to get 2 laser re-attachement surgeries in both eyes.
Currently I am in the ME raiting but I cannot perform any LE duties until my results comes back.
My medical board was started in January 2012 and mailed out to IPEB in April 2012.

1. Do I have an injury that could potentially get me kicked out?

2. Also when should I expect to hear from the IPEB?

3. I know it's a long process but is there anyone that went through a medical board recently?

4. My contract expires on January 2013. Would they extend me?

Thanks
David

alibs

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
1. depends how bad you are hurt and if you can continue to do your job. It really depeands on you and your Command's NMA. Did your NMA say, we will keep him/her Or did say Can't do the work/ need a replacement.

2. I seen between 1-8 months from IPEB. Mines in 4 months

3. Most here in this forum are in a PEB or have gone or about to go.

4. If you board takes longer than your current EAOS, you will be extened on a month to month bases (done by you PEBLO and Personal Office)

good luck.

USCG2006

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My command stated that they don't recommend retention and to discharge me.

Wow, 4 months. How come it came back that fast? Can you give me your timeline from when your medical board started and when did your results came back?

Thank you for the response. I really appreciate it..

David

Ed Mercanti

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
They can only involuntarily extend someone due to UCMJ action. But the hospital commander should initiate action to have you extended to complete the MEB process. As you get closer if you have no resolution, ask the PEBLO about an extension.

USCG2006

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
By the way, who is my PEBLO? Is it the person that did the paperwork for my medical board?

David

Ed Mercanti

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Physical Evaluation Board Liason Officer. Probably the person who did your paperwork for the MEB.

FeltDispatch

PEB Forum Regular Member
Your PEBLO is likely Jason Sisto.

Also, they extended me 12 months at a time due to MEB. And best of luck with your MEB!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">