medically unfit with 10% severance

You have to read your C&P exam for the narcolepsy that's what they use for rating purposes and apparently it wasn't favorable to you for that 10% rating. You need to get a new DBQ filled out by your sleep doc ASAP review the ratings table so you know what is required for the higher or highest rating. Here is the DBQ

Here is the rating chart scroll down to epilepsy

You should definitely be getting more than 10% but I'm unfamiliar with the appeal process too. On separate note, did they send you to Lackland AFB for your sleep study or to further confirm your sleep disorder diagnosis?
"The PEB has deemed you as separated with severance pay at 10% .You will no longer need to have any more examinations . " - I received this today after my TDRL exam.

I was initial rated 50% by the DoD and 80% by the VA. I've been trying to google the answer, but can anyone tell me how this works? What changes from here as far as VA benefits and will those ratings also change?

How long do we have health coverage before I have to buy my own?

I havent signed anything yet, should I get legal involved? I served 6 years, most of my injuries have gotten better, but they're not completely cured.

Thanks

Appeal ASAP, your coverage will continue until that process is over. Not sure how long that may take. Just know you won't be dropped immediately. VA ratings won't change based on the DoD ratings, but VA could change in the future by going up or down if your not P&T or Unemployability.(can change too)

You have to read your C&P exam for the narcolepsy that's what they use for rating purposes and apparently it wasn't favorable to you for that 10% rating. You need to get a new DBQ filled out by your sleep doc ASAP review the ratings table so you know what is required for the higher or highest rating. Here is the DBQ

Here is the rating chart scroll down to epilepsy

Got it all done to be rated at 40% for the minor and 100% for the major episodes hoping it comes back at 100.

So I have a new question..
What will I get at the of all of this.
Preliminary stats
18yr ac navy with 3 dependents medically retired all combat condition is maxed

Numbers rounded

Scenario 1..
100 dod 100 va with loss of organ function

Dod + va 3500= xxx
Crsc + va 3500 =xxx

Scenario 2
40 dod 100 va loss of organ function

Dod + va 3500 =xxx
Crsc + va 3500=xxx
I am an ET so I nuke everything I have been told I will get my high 3 and my va but i can get a clear answer or know of anyone in my situation that has given an answer.

Got it all done to be rated at 40% for the minor and 100% for the major episodes hoping it comes back at 100.

So I have a new question..
What will I get at the of all of this.
Preliminary stats
18yr ac navy with 3 dependents medically retired all combat condition is maxed

Numbers rounded

Scenario 1..
100 dod 100 va with loss of organ function

Dod + va 3500= xxx
Crsc + va 3500 =xxx

Scenario 2
40 dod 100 va loss of organ function

Dod + va 3500 =xxx
Crsc + va 3500=xxx
I am an ET so I nuke everything I have been told I will get my high 3 and my va but i can get a clear answer or know of anyone in my situation that has given an answer.

Hello,

Scenario 1.
a
. Your retired pay will be High three average base pay x 75% = DoD disability pay. The disability retired pay will be reduced by the amount of VA compensation. Using your 3500 for VA compensation, if your retired pay is 3500 or less you will receive zero retired pay.

b. CRSC: Your CRSC will be the lesser of the CRSC percentage approved by your service (amounts found in VA compensation tables) OR the longevity portion of retired pay, whichever is the lesser.
If you have 18 years active duty, then 18 x 0.025 = 45% longevity multiplier. High three average base pay x 0.045 = longevity portion of retired pay.

Scenario 2.
a
. Your retired pay will be High three average base pay x 40% = DoD disability pay. The disability retired pay will be reduced by the amount of VA compensation. Using your 3500 for VA compensation, if your retired pay is 3500 or less you will receive zero retired pay (which is likely in this scenario).

b. CRSC: Your CRSC will be the lesser of the CRSC percentage approved by your service (amounts found in VA compensation tables) OR the longevity portion of retired pay, whichever is the lesser.
If you have 18 years active duty, then 18 x 0.025 = 45% longevity multiplier. High three average base pay x 0.045 = longevity portion of retired pay.

In both scenarios, your retired pay is reduced by the amount of the VA compensation received.

Ron

Hello,

Scenario 1.
a
. Your retired pay will be High three average base pay x 75% = DoD disability pay. The disability retired pay will be reduced by the amount of VA compensation. Using your 3500 for VA compensation, if your retired pay is 3500 or less you will receive zero retired pay.

Scenario 2.
a
. Your retired pay will be High three average base pay x 40% = DoD disability pay. The disability retired pay will be reduced by the amount of VA compensation. Using your 3500 for VA compensation, if your retired pay is 3500 or less you will receive zero retired pay (which is likely in this scenario).

In both scenarios, your retired pay is reduced by the amount of the VA compensation received.

Ron
So I take it I will not get anything more than the va money, right?

Based on the info you provided, you are not eligible for CRDP.

You can read about CRSC at —->THIS LINK

1. You will receive all your VA comp.
2. Your retired pay will be reduced by the amount of your VA comp.
3. Approved CRSC could replace some of the reduced retired pay.

Ron

I can apply for crsc to get dod recoupment and add it to the va amount? All of my conditions are combat related and documented as so. Thanks Ron for all the help. I am so glad I found this forum to gain knowledge and share it as well

I can apply for crsc to get dod recoupment and add it to the va amount? All of my conditions are combat related and documented as so. Thanks Ron for all the help. I am so glad I found this forum to gain knowledge and share it as well
Yes...you can apply to your service for CRSC. The linked info I provided includes the Navy’s CRSC web page.

Ron