Mental Health Condition ratings and timeline

TXWI

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just wanted to get input on possible ratings and timeline or any thoughts. My main concern is mental health. I have multiple diagnoses being claimed through the VA but the main ones that I am going through the IDES is combat related PTSD/Depression/Anxiety/ lower back pain. I also have claims for OSA, hypertension, hiatal hernia w/GERD, eczema, tinnitus, bilateral ankles and knees.

My case went to the IPEB 15 Mar 19 so I probably have a little longer to wait.

The thing I am not really sure about is the mental health ratings.

Along with my whole history it states on the c&p exam

“Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas,

such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking and/or

mood” is it quite subjecting how they rate these things.

I don’t care that much what they rate but my family and I are ready to move on and settle down. I am past 20 years and am ready to retire.

Not sure how long this is going to take since there are multiple claims.

Here is my rough timeline

2016- code 37 for back

2017- RTD for low back pain

2018 July-Sep- Inpatient MH

July- code 37 for PTSD/anxiety/MDD/Back pain/OSA

2018 Dec-Feb- inpatient MH

2019 Feb return to work only doing admin duty

Feb 28-29- VA C&P exams

4 Mar – received exam results

15 Mar- sent to IPEB with provider addendums

Waiting for results- fit/unfit/ ratings?

Sounds like 70 percent to me just from occupational and social impairment.

question for anyone. my case has bee waiting on ratings since 19 March and according to my MSC has been with the rater and has everything to give the proposed ratings but now another claim that was submitted through my VSO a few weeks ago with new conditions could slow things down. I guess they can request new exams for the new conditions and wait for that so they can rate all conditions but that will take months to happen I am sure and would be a big waste of time for the Air Force. otherwise they may just send the proposed ratings for what they have and worry about the new conditions later. I really don't want to wait any longer. I was told that if I submitted new claims through the VSO it would not affect the IDES process so that is why I did that to get it taken care of. does anyone have experience with that? do think they would actually wait for the new claim before sending the current proposed ratings? there are no unfitting conditions in the new conditions that are being claimed.

You said you are in the IDES program right, why did your VSO submit another claim?

Yes I am in the IDES program. He said I should go ahead and submit the rest of my claims and that it wouldn't affect the IDES claim. I may see if the VSO can cancel the claim and I can resubmit it later.

you know it is only supposed to take 20 days for the proposed rating process per the DOD. slightly over that. almost 2 months now. My peblo doesn't think the new claims will effect the IDES process and when I get my initial proposed ratings. Anyway, hopefully you get your ratings soon. Happy Monday.

Ive been waiting almost two months for ratings the timelines are garbage lol. As far as the VSO submitting your other claims Im not sure if they do or not I just know all around that the VA is slow.

agreed. I think they just operate on there on timeline and will take as long as they want. I really don't think you can influence the speed at which they do things.
wait and see.

Same boat as yall. My PEBLO has told me that currently the VA is really low on raters right now and they're now averaging 55 days-2 months waiting time for ratings. I check the Monday reports every Monday and for my area they're only averaging 10 ratings a week. Mine got to the raters on April 4th. uuhhhh I'm so impatient lol.

Seems very slow for you guys. I had my last C&P on April 2nd. I received my ratings from VA last Friday (may 10). However still waiting for da form 199 for DOD ratings. this was only for 3 claims tho and two of which I was already rated, so they were put in for increase. This may have sped up the process. Good Luck!

if it matters, my status on ebenefits changed back to preparation for decision. maybe hear something soon?

cheers.

if it matters, my status on ebenefits changed back to preparation for decision. maybe hear something soon?

cheers.
I hope you hear something soon. Ive been sitting at prep for decision since Apr 11 so alittle over 30 days. Best of luck

the status on Ebenefits changed again now to pending decision approval

according to my PEBLO the VA closed the proposed ratings today so should get sent to the PEB case worker. may actually hear something soon.

My proposed ratings are 100% VA and sitting at the PEB for the DOD. the web site still says pending decision approval. my PEBLO told me about the ratings and should get the DOD ratings in next week or less from the PEB. finally getting done with this. I am not too concerned about the DOD ratings as I have over 20 years active duty.

12Mustang05 you should hopfully hear something soon.

My proposed ratings are 100% VA and sitting at the PEB for the DOD. the web site still says pending decision approval. my PEBLO told me about the ratings and should get the DOD ratings in next week or less from the PEB. finally getting done with this. I am not too concerned about the DOD ratings as I have over 20 years active duty.

That's awesome Bro, that gives me hope Congrats on your proposed ratings at least with a outcome like that you can rationalize the wait. I have 57 claims in total I sure hope that doesn't hold me up but we will see.

Congratulations!! May I ask you was 100% what u got for mental health or did u get lower for mh?

I'm honestly not sure yet as all I know is the combined rating. I doubt the mental health is 100% though. will post as soon as I get the breakdown and the DOD.

Were you inpatient for PTSD under the VA PRRP program? I was in that program from January to February for 8 weeks and currently in the MEB process.