Mental Health Process

AirForce Steven

Registered Member
Hello,

I'm in the Air Force and I just started going to mental health about a week ago for some anxiety. I relayed that the symptoms began occurring after some incidents I responded to at work. I didn't single one out specifically because in reality, I don't know what started causing severe anxiety. What are the chances I'll get an LOD from mental health and what would the process look like. Brand new to the pebforum so please feel free to dump as much information on me as possible.

AirForce Steven

Registered Member
Hello,

I'm in the Air Force and I just started going to mental health about a week ago for some anxiety. I relayed that the symptoms began occurring after some incidents I responded to at work. I didn't single one out specifically because in reality, I don't know what started causing severe anxiety. What are the chances I'll get an LOD from mental health and what would the process look like. Brand new to the pebforum so please feel free to dump as much information on me as possible.
Update: I've had my second appointment now and they've strongly recommended medication. I'm now on Prozac, my PCM has also brought up the possibility of MEB down the road but says that we would continue the treatment process for some time before jumping to that. What are the chances that I get medically seperated from this and not medically retired? What are some things I should be looking at in my appointments?

AirForce Steven

Registered Member
Are you AD?
Update: I've had my second appointment now and they've strongly recommended medication. I'm now on Prozac, my PCM has also brought up the possibility of MEB down the road but says that we would continue the treatment process for some time before jumping to that. What are the chances that I get medically seperated from this and not medically retired? What are some things I should be looking at in my appointments?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
It sounds like the focus in on treatment. Treatment is much preferred over separation or retirement. Untreated MH conditions can have significant lifelong effects. Medication is sometimes appropriate, so long as therapy continues.

Your appointments should be regular and you should not expect instant improvement. Both therapy and medication take some time to become effective. Anxiety has different facets, so it will be important to further define the anxiety so that the best evidence based treatment can be offered. Proper diagnosis is important to get proper treatment.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">