MET assistance

Guardguy11

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I recently finished my C&P exam and just got my DBQs back from my PEBLO. My doctor at the VA originally clicked 3-5 METs but must have changed it after I left. It is now at 5-7 which is a significant change. Due to my condition, he did an interview instead of the exercise test as my heart stops when I pass out and the VA didn't want to provoke that.

At the beginning of the form it says "Symptoms during activity: The METs level checked below reflects the lowest activity level at which the Veteran reports any of the following symptoms attributable to a cardiac condition". He clicked <5-7 METs "This METs level has been found to be consistent with activities such as walking 1 flight of stairs, golfing, mowing lawn, heavy yard work"

My interpretation is that the doctor is saying I can do these tasks without getting dizzy or nausea. I feel like I should be at the 3-5 METs based on what I have read.

Am I reading this wrong?

Also, My PEBLO is sending off my IPEB package today so how does the VA rating appeal work if they end up doing a 30% like I think they will for this condition?

Thanks,
Brad

I'm not sure about your first question. In regards to the VA appeal, when you get your findings back if you disagree you can demand a formal hearing and go present your case or ask for a VA ratings reconsideration. If you ask for the formal hearing, you will get an attorney to help with your case.