Military Doctors Support for SSDI

epb315

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Has anyone had any experience with Military Doctors and getting their cooperation/support for an SSDI claim?

When you apply for SSDI, you can annotate on the application you are are on AD/wounded warrior. Then you will be given an opportunity to allow SSA to get a copy of your military medical records. The SSDI decision is based on records, not interviews with your docs.

BTW, there are dozens of people on this site who have successfully gotten positive SSDI decisions while on AD.

BTW, there are dozens of people on this site who have successfully gotten positive SSDI decisions while on AD.
I have beeen medically retired, 13 years in the Air Force receiving 90% VA compensation, am I allowed to apply for SSDI too? Thank you in advance

When you apply for SSDI, you can annotate on the application you are are on AD/wounded warrior. Then you will be given an opportunity to allow SSA to get a copy of your military medical records. The SSDI decision is based on records, not interviews with your docs.
Thanks. Appreciate the info.

I have beeen medically retired, 13 years in the Air Force receiving 90% VA compensation, am I allowed to apply for SSDI too? Thank you in advance
Yes, you can apply.

@Mgeorge83
Absolutely! You can apply online today.

@epb315
You are welcome. Best wishes always.