Money Bags Social Group Finance Spreadsheet

builtgypsy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
*EDITED*Money Bags Finance Spreadsheet v2.0

EDIT: I already spotted a couple problems with this version, and fixed it. I hope you hadn't gotten too far into it, you'll need to re-download it with this updated version. Apologies to everyone who already downloaded it. Just copy and paste the entries you already made into the new version and at least you won't have to write it all out twice. :(

There is an option to attach files here that I find is not available for the social group textbox. So I am including the spreadsheet file here I wrote about in the Money Bags social group.

It is easy to use.

The pay periods are broken down into the 1st and 15th of the month. I consider the section under the 1st of the month to include every day between the 1st and 14th, and 15th of the month goes until the end of the month.

Under BILLS: The orange highlighted spaces are there to list each bill you have. The green spaces to the right are to list the amount of each bill, and whether you pay it on the 1st or 15th.

Under OTHER EXPENSES: The blue highlighted area is to list all your purchases, i.e. trip to the gocery store, gas, that new barbequer you bought just for the big game. :D
The green highlighted areas are for the price of each item.

The yellow section includes your paycheck, any extra pay you may have coming in, and how much you transfer to savings from each paycheck. The math is already there and figures in all expenses and transfers.

Everything that goes into the Into Savings space will automatically be added up into a section in the SAVINGS ACCOUNTS tab.

This is a work in progress, but I think I've worked out most of the bugs. If not, please feel free to offer any suggestions to improve it. Or, if there is anything specific you would like me to add just for you, PM me and I will add to the spreadsheet and email it to you. I will need an email address though.

I really hope this helps you in taking efforts to manage your finances.

-Guy

Attachments

• FINANCE SPREADSHEET.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 17
*EDITED*Money Bags Finance Spreadsheet v2.0

Well, I think I put this up just late enough last night that not too many people downloaded the buggy version I had up. :eek:

Luckily, since it's the exact same format, you can copy & paste any entries you made from the last version to this one.

Good stuff Guy..

Thanks

Thank you, I'm just glad I spotted those errors quickly. I can't believe it's Monday all over again. It's like it happens every week!

Your telling me, altough I missed work today due to a migraine that had me layed out pretty much all weekend. My XO gave me the "why can't you come in to work" line today when I called in. They still don't understand, I am frickin starting to lose my mind with these people.....I even missed the Superbowl because I was in so much pain....

Man, I'm sorry. I know how that goes. for a very short period I was working the a Master Cheif (E-9 type) who was the department head for my rate. He'd try to lay into me every once in a while because I couldn't use the stairs for a long time after my knee surgery, and with my wrist I couldn't be his carry bag. If I had been there much longer I would have had it out with him and probably gone staight to an NJP hearing. It's Captain's Mast in the Navy, not sure about anyone else.

Really hope you get to feeling better again soon. Since you missed the game, it's a perfect excuse to go buy Madden for the 360 and recreate it. ;)