Multiple Sclerosis

Ctrivmar

Registered Member
Im wondering can you stay in the Navy with MS. I had a relapse about 2 mths ago and they had me put in my paper work for a med board. My eye sight is a little blurry but i can still see. It has not reached my spine. I have remitting-relapsing MS. Should I even try to fight it or are they for sure going to kick me out. How long does this take?​

theoot

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
First off how many years do you have in? If you aren't over 16 they wont even entertain the idea, and even now 18 years isn't 100%. If you have RRMS, you are not deployable, and therfore they will not keep you. I was told they might FFD you based on what is written, but after talking with a guy with RRMS who's in great shape with no attributed complications who is a nuke ETC (the holy grail of navy retention) even he was seperated. Of course he got a job making over 100k so he isn't that disappointed. I'm fighting for PLD at 18 years and I've been told my chances are 50/50 and getting worse by the day.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">