My case timeline!

bambam774

PEB Forum Regular Member
I am currently stationed in Guam; this is what is going on with me so far.

1. 1st LIMDU November 2010.

2. 2nd LIMDU May 2011.

3. 7 Nov 2011 Recommendation for IDES was submitted.

4. 17 November received a letter from the PEB stating:

"The PEB has determined referral is warranted for the following medical conditions:
- Bicipital tendonitis, right hand
- Bursitis subacromial, right hand
- Chronic and recurrent pectoralis major tear with retraction
- Left pectoralis major tear
- Chronic right shoulder pain
- Small partial articular side tear of the supraspinatus
- Immediately post-op from righ proximal biceps tenodesis

5. 18 Nov 2011 signed election of options and agreeing with the PEB's recommendation that I be referred to the IDES.

6. 2 Dec 2011 Received an email from the PEB stating that service HQs has been notified and I will be receiving PCS orders to a command in CONUS within 90 days of agreement of recommendation (the date I signed the election of options).

Now, I just sit here waiting for my PCS orders.

A little background on my case

Nov 2008 I tore my right pec
Sep 2009 Had first surgery to try to repair it, surgery was unsuccesful - Surgery was in Guam
Oct 2010 another unsuccesful surgery, during this surgery the doctor also repaired a labrum tear on my shoulder. - I was medevac to Hawaii for this surgery
May 2011 I was medevac to Hawaii for a follow up, Doctor said my injury was permanent in nature and found a tear on my right bicep.
Jul 2011 I tore my left Pectoral muscle
Sep 2011 Had another surgery to repair right bicep.

Also my Doctor didn't think it would be a good idea to have surgery on my left pectoral due to the history of my right one not being able to heal properly.

If you are going thru the same thing, or If you have any questions let me know - I will update this as I move along!

im going threw pretty much the same thing but its my left shoulder....i was told by every doc i have seen the peb will find me unfit....well as of last week im "fit" with only 90* range of motion and cant lift much more than a bottle of water with my left arm. im aircrew and have to be able to left my arm above my head to do my job. i have had 3 limdu's, 2 operations and it was "fixed" for a few years then back to the drawing board. current doc said it is a recurring injury and i still was found fit....i am going to fight it and i dont mean to "deflate your balloon" but believe me when i tell you dont get your hopes up and dont think it will be found as everyone tells you. i have been told the last 8 months to have my family ready to no longer be in the navy so ive already moved my wife to our "new home" 1800 miles away because i had faith in everyone telling the same thing. good luck with it, and thanks for baiting me in to vent haha

Oh man!!! I feel your pain; everyone and their uncles are telling me stuff like "you are gonna get 100%", "you are for sure getting an unfit finding" and every other thing you probably heard already - from Doctors, friends, co-workers and HMs - but I learned quickly, early in my career not to believe anything any sea lawyer tells me; everything points to the MED finding me fit, eventho' I am strongely being recommended by both my command and my doctor to be let out of the Navy - so I am pretty much getting ready to go all the way to a formal board, and already have my appeal written up lol -

And vent all you want brother! I am already fed up with this whole thing already; the last surgery I had for my bicep should have done a couple of years ago, when they first tried to fix my right pec, but it went "unnoticed" by all the doctors, up to the one that saw it in the MRI this year, he even asked me why didn't the other doctors fixed it, because it seemed it had been hanging loose for a quite a while - and now my command just dissaproved my holiday leave request, because they are saying I might get my orders while I am on leave and it is gonna delay my transfer... WTF?? So i have to spend the holidays stuck in this rock!!!

I have bad athropy on both sides of my chest, here's a pic of my right side (this is before I injured my left pec) - warning to all, some might find it a bit graphic.

http://www.pebforum.com/members/bam...ull-pec-tear-has-been-downhill-since-then.jpg

im going threw pretty much the same thing but its my left shoulder....i was told by every doc i have seen the peb will find me unfit....well as of last week im "fit" with only 90* range of motion and cant lift much more than a bottle of water with my left arm. im aircrew and have to be able to left my arm above my head to do my job. i have had 3 limdu's, 2 operations and it was "fixed" for a few years then back to the drawing board. current doc said it is a recurring injury and i still was found fit....i am going to fight it and i dont mean to "deflate your balloon" but believe me when i tell you dont get your hopes up and dont think it will be found as everyone tells you. i have been told the last 8 months to have my family ready to no longer be in the navy so ive already moved my wife to our "new home" 1800 miles away because i had faith in everyone telling the same thing. good luck with it, and thanks for baiting me in to vent haha

***UPDATE****
to put more of a flip to my story i was told today that my package was sent to the va for rating. a mistake had been made and now i am found unfit! so as i told you in my last post you cant set your heart on any one statement threwout this whole process! hope this helps....and lets your stress level fall a little bit! haha

So did the MEB found you unfit? and now all you have to do is wait for the VA ratings?

***UPDATE****
to put more of a flip to my story i was told today that my package was sent to the va for rating. a mistake had been made and now i am found unfit! so as i told you in my last post you cant set your heart on any one statement threwout this whole process! hope this helps....and lets your stress level fall a little bit! haha

And it is weird, I posted a long reply yesterday, said it had to be reviewed by a moderator, but it hasn't been posted yet?

Mods, is there a reason for this?

that is correct it was sent to the va on 30 NOV so just waiting on that now.

P3FE, I can honestly say i was in the same situation that you were in. All my docs my first PEB told me, oh yeah be prepared to get out. They kept saying that. Even my JAG Lawyer said, " From what i can see the board will be discharging you so get ready" Started looking for jobs, my chain of command wrote me off because they figured i was getting out. So my Evals went down, because why give me a MP if i am just getting out? Then i was found Fit to continue Naval Service, so i contacted the detailor, we got orders written for me to transfer, then Medical said i can't deploy. So here i site still at my command now going on 5 years. With this looming over my head i have been diagnosed with depression, my marriage isn't the best because my wife doesnt trust the Navy anymore. But hey i am going through another PEB since now i can barely function, so i am not getting my hopes up until the word comes back even though this time, my 3 addendums from 3 different doctors, my Peblo, and my PCM say that with the write ups i have gotten i should expect to be retired. It all comes down to just 3 people in DC who have no idea who you are, what you do, but now with the force shaping hoepfully that will change. At this point i don't care what i get. Severance or Retirement. I would love retirement because of the added beneifits but i am just ready to be a civilian. Oh yeah forgot to mention i am approaching the 16 year mark, so i can't stick it out to retirement. But i feel P3FE the system is really messed up.

Sorry to Hear that gunmate1,

I ended up at mental health; I was just not feeling like myself about a year ago, and I'm currently on meds, depression and anxiety attacks; all this mess is really doing a number on me as well! And to make matters worse, my command is denying me holiday leave, because they say, or are using my orders as an excuse, saying that I might get my orders when I am on leave and that is gonna delay my outprocessing! Lol - Gotta love the way the Navy treats its people when they are at their worst!
Good luck to you and everyone else who is going thru nightmare!

gunmate1- all i can say man is stick with it. did you happen to write a personal statement? my jag recommended it because of the fact that it is 3 people who have the rest of your lives in their hand. only one of those 3 have to be a doc....and not a mental doc or my case ortho doc...it coudl be an ogbyn and 2 O-3's. that is why i wrote a statement they dont know what it is like to fly...do my job, ha no clue what an FE is. so i explained all that and once it came back "fit" i was ready to rebuttal with out question. i have 10+ letters from coworkers to go with it. i was so so so thankful when i was told their was an issue and i was unfit. dont get me wrong i wanted to stay in the navy i love what i do, fact of the matter is i cant do it any longer. hang in there man and good luck! your would think with all the downsizing they would boot people at the drop of a dime.

bambam774- if you are on limdu orders you should no longer be part of your command....

needless to say this system has the rest of your lives in its hand no matter what you want, what is wrong with you, or who you are. it needs work they system has you in limbo so long you cant help but go crazy while waiting. the problem with a lot of the higher ups is either they don't know, don't see, or don't care about what's going on with a med board. we are pretty much written off once we get sent there. the doc is not going to send us to med board to get a fit.they know we shouldnt be here any longer and in most cases that is what happens. in cases like yours its very sad because when your found fit your career is already ruined....good luck guys and i wish you the best.

And it is weird, I posted a long reply yesterday, said it had to be reviewed by a moderator, but it hasn't been posted yet?

Mods, is there a reason for this?

The software is glitchy- which is why I am getting ready to change software. It is likely because you put in a link in the reply. It does not
always do that though. I have approved the post. Sorry for the problem.

bambam i hear you, this has taken a toll on me too i am seeing a shrink for deperssion. He is helping but everyone is convinced that just when i get discharged alot of my issues will go away. The mental stuff yes but of course the physical stuff will remain. My command now is at least understanding. I had to wait for a different chain to agree with me and they are supporting me with my possibility of getting retired. But i am hopeful that Big Navy will do the right thing. This is the second time going through this since i started it back in 2009. Stick with it and play the game cause honestly just roll with your command, do what they say cause you don't want to end up with a disciplinary action against you. Just play the game. If it wasn't for my family i would probably be bonkers right now. If you ever need to talk about it just write me i will listen.
Sorry to Hear that gunmate1,

I ended up at mental health; I was just not feeling like myself about a year ago, and I'm currently on meds, depression and anxiety attacks; all this mess is really doing a number on me as well! And to make matters worse, my command is denying me holiday leave, because they say, or are using my orders as an excuse, saying that I might get my orders when I am on leave and that is gonna delay my outprocessing! Lol - Gotta love the way the Navy treats its people when they are at their worst!
Good luck to you and everyone else who is going thru nightmare!

p3FE I wrote a personal statement, my wife wrote an unbiased one regarding how i have gotten worse since she has known me, 2 from supervisors, 2 from the volunteer organization i was apart of, and 4 from senior personnel from my command. The formal board didnt care about any of that, and found me fit to continue naval service. Funny thing is medical 4 weeks later said that i was unfit for sea duty so i have been restricted now to shore duty, and now since i have another PEB i am stuck until they figure this all out. The process in DC is very flawed. but you are right it is up to 3 people who have no idea about you or your case really. At least that is the impression that i got when i was sitting at the other end of the table in DC last December. It went so far that the president said that he knew about the organization that i volunteered for and made a snide comment. And they found me fit the next day but i never heard anything for a month. Oh and P3FE i wanted to stay in the Navy too but i am being realistic. I can never go out to sea again, i will never make chief, i will never be able to work out like i did in the past so i can not set the perfect example to my juniors. I have come to terms with that and i am ready to get out. and P3FE LIMDU depending on your duty station you can be part of your command. I am on LIMDU and still at my command. Only Sea commands or overseas would be different.

gunmate1- all i can say man is stick with it. did you happen to write a personal statement? my jag recommended it because of the fact that it is 3 people who have the rest of your lives in their hand. only one of those 3 have to be a doc....and not a mental doc or my case ortho doc...it coudl be an ogbyn and 2 O-3's. that is why i wrote a statement they dont know what it is like to fly...do my job, ha no clue what an FE is. so i explained all that and once it came back "fit" i was ready to rebuttal with out question. i have 10+ letters from coworkers to go with it. i was so so so thankful when i was told their was an issue and i was unfit. dont get me wrong i wanted to stay in the navy i love what i do, fact of the matter is i cant do it any longer. hang in there man and good luck! your would think with all the downsizing they would boot people at the drop of a dime.

bambam774- if you are on limdu orders you should no longer be part of your command....

needless to say this system has the rest of your lives in its hand no matter what you want, what is wrong with you, or who you are. it needs work they system has you in limbo so long you cant help but go crazy while waiting. the problem with a lot of the higher ups is either they don't know, don't see, or don't care about what's going on with a med board. we are pretty much written off once we get sent there. the doc is not going to send us to med board to get a fit.they know we shouldnt be here any longer and in most cases that is what happens. in cases like yours its very sad because when your found fit your career is already ruined....good luck guys and i wish you the best.

This is the latest on my case! (I have been waiting for orders to transfer stateside to be enter in to the IDES system!)

Today, January 18th I received this email!

- "Mbrs is in a 105 status in Guam, TPP&H cannot move mbr.
V/R,
PERS-4013C"

BUT! On January 9th, I received this other email!

- "Your orders will be issued by PERS-4013C working with your regular rating .
Continue to communicate with your COC and PSD.
v/r
(PERS-82)"

I am really lost now!!! :confused:

Just wanted to give an update on my case!

1. November 10 - First LIMDU

2. May 11 – Second LIMDU

3. 10 Nov 11 - Recommendation for IDES was submitted.

4. 17 Nov 11 - PEB determined referral is warranted.

5. 18 Nov 11 signed election of options.

6. 2 Dec 11 Received an email from the PEB stating I will be receiving PCS orders to a command in CONUS within 90 days.

7. 30 Mar 12 - Finally got sent to San Diego; got orders to a regular command instead of being sent to TPU just like everyone else.

8. 12 June 2012 - finished with all my VA claim appointments. (Had my first VA appointment on 29 May 12)

* Now waiting for the VA to put together the package, and it will be sent to my doctor for review, once he signs off on it - he has five days to submit his memo- It goes back to my case manager and they will call me to review it and sign it.

Once I sign it, it is going to be sent to Washington for a final determination and was told that takes from 3 to 6 months, from the date that is mailed.

I am going on my 21st Month since I was first put on Limited Duty.

I just like this information and just want to tell you that this is such a wonderful information that you have posted here in this forum. Keep it up.

And got my results - TRDL! 30%DOD 90%VA

Here's an update:

1. November 10 - First LIMDU

2. May 11 – Second LIMDU
3. 10 Nov 11 - Recommendation for IDES was submitted.
4. 17 Nov 11 - PEB determined referral is warranted.
5. 18 Nov 11 signed election of options.
6. 2 Dec 11 Received an email from the PEB stating I will be receiving PCS orders to a command in CONUS within 90 days.

7. 30 Mar 12 - Finally got sent to San Diego; got orders to a regular command instead of being sent to TPU just like everyone else.

8. 12 June 2012 - finished with all my VA claim appointments. (Had my first VA appointment on 29 May 12)

9. 8 Aug 2012 - Package sent to Washington.

10. 19 Sep 2012 - Received and signed findings. 30% DOD - 90% VA.

I requested a retirement date of November 28th.

11. 1st October - all paperwork has been sent out; now I'll just wait for my official retirement message to come in, was told it is going to take 2 to 3 weeks to receive it. I am starting my job/house and terminal leave on 10th October. So glad this is basically over!

I am being put on TDRL.