My CRSC timeline

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Re: Irony

Retroactive payment of CRSC are out of cycle payments and can occur any part of a month.

Payment dates for "regular " disbursements such as VA compensation, retired pay, CRSC, etc., are governed by law.

Nevertheless, there is some irony in you receiving the retro first.

Ron

Last edited:

Irishman1836

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
It was about 10k more. Now I am just nervous that I got the account changed up in DFAS in time. It says the new account info on direct deposit but my 1st CRSC payment posted to the old account. I had no idea it would be this fast.

Irishman1836

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Re: Irony

Retroactive payment of CRSC are out of cycle payments and can occur any part of a month.

Payment dates for "regular " disbursements such as VA compensation, retired pay, CRSC, etc., are governed by law.

Nevertheless, there is some irony in you receiving the retro first.

Ron

I am hopeful it captured my new bank info. It was changed on my pay on the 26th which is the same day the CRSC retro statement came out. My CRSC monthly payment just went to the old account though.

Mike2686

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am hopeful it captured my new bank info. It was changed on my pay on the 26th which is the same day the CRSC retro statement came out. My CRSC monthly payment just went to the old account though.
Wow, you were done with the process really quick. Due to the reported timelines I wouldn't have suspected it would have been so fast either.

Hope everything works out with the bank changeover, could you call the bank and see if you have any pending payments they may have come in? Congrats on the CRSC/Retro!

Irishman1836

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
yeah I am pretty surprised at how fast it all processed. Still waiting on deposit. It was listed on the CRSC back pay statement as March 29th so we shall see how it plays out tomorrow. I hope everyone else gets theirs as quickly. Have a great weekend!

jesslew254

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I originally applied for CRSC in January. I received my CRSC letter today. I need help with calculating payment.
High three average is $3800
Years of service is 19 years
Disability percentage is 70%
VA 100%
I'm medically retired so I do not receive retired pay
I also have 2 dependent children

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I originally applied for CRSC in January. I received my CRSC letter today. I need help with calculating payment.
High three average is $3800
Years of service is 19 years
Disability percentage is 70%
VA 100%
I'm medically retired so I do not receive retired pay
I also have 2 dependent children
1. Being medically retired does not always result in zero retired pay.
2. Your retired pay is reduced by the amount of VA comp you receive. Occasionally there is residual retired pay.
3. If your precise number of active duty years is 19...then 19 x 2.5% = 47.5 % longevity multiplier
4. 3800 x 0.475 = 1805 longevity portion of retirement pay
5. 3800 x 70% DoD = 2660 all waived
6. You did not mention the approved CRSC percentage
7. Your CRSC will be 1805 OR the dollar amount of your approved CRSC percentage whichever is the LESSER. You can find the missing CRSC amount by reviewing the VA comp rate for that percentage with two children in the VA Compensation Tables.

Ron

IamGrunt

Registered Member
UPDATE
I received my CRSC approval 05FEBR2019. As of today, July 22, 2019, DFAS still has not completed an audit of my account and I still have not received my CRSC retro pay. I called DFAS today only to be told that it would take up to 120 days to process. I advised the lady it is well over 120 days; she said they would "escalate" my pay inquiry.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">