My current crsc time line.

Thebigsixx

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So my first post, but this site helped alot with learning about crsc.
5 March 2015- med boarded after 16 years
Learned about crsc late july 2019.
5 Aug 2019 - submitted paperwork
15 Aug 2019 - HRC letter saying it was being processed 7 month wait.
26 Aug 2019 - CRSC approval letter being sent to dfas
Now its just a waiting game. I think because I emailed electronic copies not snail mail, it sped things up but I dont know.
Thanks for the insight and help with this. Made it easier than I could have hoped.

Thanks for posting, best wishes.

So my first post, but this site helped alot with learning about crsc.
5 March 2015- med boarded after 16 years
Learned about crsc late july 2019.
5 Aug 2019 - submitted paperwork
15 Aug 2019 - HRC letter saying it was being processed 7 month wait.
26 Aug 2019 - CRSC approval letter being sent to dfas
Now its just a waiting game. I think because I emailed electronic copies not snail mail, it sped things up but I dont know.
Thanks for the insight and help with this. Made it easier than I could have hoped.
Hello,

Did you call for an update to see about the letter going to DFAS?

My time line is very simaler, althou I had to file a 12e. My award leter was dated 30 Aug. If Iam not mistaken, @Ron has said in the past any letter recived and processed by DFAS(letters go out at the same time) prior to the 20th will be payed out on the first. looking at several other cases on here back pay is takeing several months due to back log.

My time line is very simaler, althou I had to file a 12e. My award leter was dated 30 Aug. If Iam not mistaken, @Ron has said in the past any letter recived and processed by DFAS(letters go out at the same time) prior to the 20th will be payed out on the first. looking at several other cases on here back pay is takeing several months due to back log.
Yes...the DFAS cutoff for document processing to be reflected on current month pay is around the 20th.

However, that does not mean a document received that late in the month will be processed by the 20th.

Example:
When pay documents were processed within an Army Division, the local finance office cut-off was around the 15th. Anything received by the 15th usually showed on the soldier's pay at the end of the month. Our last transmission to the Army Finance Center (Indianapolis at the time) each month was ~the 20th. The time between the 15th and 20th was used to process (code) the actions received by the 15th and continue to process for the next month, documents received after the 15th if time was available. Pay changes were electronically transmitted to the service's finance center.

Ron

Question on how this calculations would work? I had 15 years 8 months active duty, got out as a married E6 with 3 children.

Attachments

• 15681416437494604420720765959163.jpg
    15681416437494604420720765959163.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
Question on how this calculations would work? I had 15 years 8 months active duty, got out as a married E6 with 3 children.
Information required from retiree for CRSC estimate:
1. Percentage of disability retirement: 40% [example]
2. Disability Retirement from Retirement orders: 11 yrs 3 months [example]
3. Retiree Account Statement under pay description, Gross Pay $1,869 and VA Waiver $3,501.16 [example]

Or

High three average base pay and amount of VA compensation.
Please indicate which you are furnishing.

4. Number and categories of dependents: spouse and 2 children under 18 [example]
5. Qualify for another retirement? I also qualify for a regular (20 yr) retirement [example]

Ron

1. Percentage of disability retirement: 50% then 70% then 100% (dates above in pic)
2. Disability Retirement from Retirement orders: 15 years 8 months
3. Retiree Account Statement under pay description, Gross Pay $2,545 and VA Waiver $3,521.79

Or

High three average base pay ($3559.32) and amount of VA compensation. ($3521.79)

4. Number and categories of dependents: spouse and 3 children under 18?
5. Qualify for another retirement?

1. Percentage of disability retirement: 50% then 70% then 100% (dates above in pic)
2. Disability Retirement from Retirement orders: 15 years 8 months
3. Retiree Account Statement under pay description, Gross Pay $2,545 and VA Waiver $3,521.79

Or

High three average base pay ($3559.32) and amount of VA compensation. ($3521.79)

4. Number and categories of dependents: spouse and 3 children under 18?
5. Qualify for another retirement?
Hello,

Your item 1 for percentage of disability retirement shows your approved CRSC rates, not the DoD retirement percentage. However, your high three info will suffice. Based on your info...

a. Your gross retired pay of 2545 is reduced to zero by 3521.79 VA compensation
b. 15.667 AD years x 0.025 = 39.17% longevity multiplier
c. High three 3559.32 x 0.3917 = 1394.19 longevity portion of retired pay.
d. CRSC @ 100% = 1394.19 currently
e. CRSC @ 70% = the lesser of the longevity portion of retired pay or the rate for 70% in the VA compensation tables
f. CRSC @ 50% = the lesser of the longevity portion of retired pay or the rate for 50% in the VA compensation tables
g. Historical percentages for VA compensation (and CRSC) are at the bottom of page at Veterans Compensation Benefits Rate Tables - Effective 12/1/18 - Compensation <—-LINK

Unfortunately, I do not compute retroactive CRSC. To do so, one would have to determine the lower rates of gross retired pay since COLA increases have increased the gross in certain years. Based on the info you provided, your current rate of CRSC is 1394.19

Ron