My MEB Timline

Pharoe

PEB Forum Regular Member
Something I learned is MEB Timelines will always vary from person to person due to different circumstances. As far as myself I am/was Active Army and went through the Pilot Program. My timeline is as follows

March 2010- MEB office recieves my packet from my PA.
(Between March 2010 and June 2010 I had a lot of medical appointments for the things I was going through the MEB for)

June, 08 2010- I recieved my MEB briefing from my PEBLO, My Commander was notified I am now in the MEB system and being tracked as a Soldier going through an MEB.

July 2010- I conduct my VA physical

October 2010- VA Physical results are returned to my PEBLO, MEB Doctor begins my NARSUM.

October 28, 2010- Narsum and MEB Packet Submitted to the PEB

December 22, 2010- PEB sends my ratings to PEBLO 70% Army , 80% VA TDRL

December 29, 2010 Case sent to PDA for dates of retirement

December 30, 2010 PDA return my dates 31 January 2011 Retired.

Thanks guys for all of the insight. I will continue to check in and assist where I may. To those going through it, its a process but have patience..it pays off.

~Pharoe

Mine is at FT Stewart; started Apr 2009 yes 2009, exams lost Peblo's retired, exams lost and repeated (no joke)
Unfit for Duty Oct 2010;
PEB with LTR from Ft Sam stating problems comat related DEC 2010;
VA Washington State is supposed to be doing rating now.
I have been in both the old program and the new PDES (pilot) and neither is finihed, I am off Active Duty getting VA checks but wife doesnt have insurance.
You can give 16 years to the military and risk your life but dont expect the pencil pushers or the check writers to watch you back.
I would not reccomend the military to anyone with a brain. (undeerstand my disgust)

Recieved and agreed with rating 70 TDRL from VA Washington State; signed form and sent on FEB 3rd waiting for next step what ever that is.

How do you find out about the results of the MEB? Are you contacted, emailed, or do you have to contact consistently until you have the results?

Your PEBLO should be the one to notify you, at least that is how it went in my case. In fact, I signed the paperwork (MEB's decision), then my case went to the PEB. Then, 3 weeks later (today) my PEBLO notified me of PEB's decision.

Oh thats how that works? Is the PEBLO going to be available in person or is it going to be a phone type thing? Im just trying to learn as much as I can so I know what to expect and from whom.:cool:

My PEBLO contacted me, then I went to her office to sign that I agree with PEB's decision. Next, PEBLO sends my PEB packet to USAPDA, i.e. PDA, for final approval. It is my understanding the PDA reviews ALL cases in which the Soldier disagreed with PEB findings, and reviews about 20% of all other cases. My PEBLO told me (up to this point she has been correct on everything she has told me) the PDA will most likely approve the PEB's decision.