My Navy Timeline for Radiculopathy

OllieT

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was hoping for 90% based on "moderate radiculopathy" however given all my conditions claimed they must have rated radiculopathy as "mild". I will accept 80% though. I'm more wanting tricare coverage for my next cervical fusion so more concerned about the DOD rating. Yours can't be far behind mine!!! My Peblo said the IPEB is backed up at the moment.

MattCollins7

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Congrats on finally hearing back! Hopefully you get just as good news from the DOD. I'm hoping to get an update very soon on my case

OllieT

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Have you contacted your PEBLO? What does your ebenefits say?

Last edited:

OllieT

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Your submitted date should be when you first met with the MSC. Unless this is the second claim on ebenefits? For instance the "pending decision approval" is my original claim and the submitted date is the date my MEB/PEB was started.
Then I had a second claim opened and closed. The submitted date was the date my package was sent by the IPEB to DVA:
Ebenefits really isn't a good indicator of how your application is being processed cus some peoples packages go from "Under review to pending decision approval" in a day.
So your package was received by the DVA on the 09 Jan 2019?

MattCollins7

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Whoops, I thought I had attached the original claim to my last post. It's weird because it went historical for a day then almost immediately came back as Pending Decision Approval 35643563

These are the 2 that are currently showing now.

OllieT

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Okay, yeah so the original one will remain open until you accept the findings. The new one is basically processing the same conditions and that one gets sent to the IPEB. Because the original one is "PDA" it's most likely that the case officer has already looked through your stuff. Mine was submitted to DVA from IPEB on 21 Nov and finished on 05 Jan then sent to back to the IPEB. Its hard to determine processing time given the holidays and all but I'd say that you are looking at three - four weeks until the IPEB gets back to you! I'm totally speculating though. I just hope that they include your radiculopathy and that the VA rates it at Moderate and not Mild like they did me.

MattCollins7

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I hope so as well. The doctor I was working with seemed to really care about my conditions and I hope that reflects on his reports. Crossing my fingers!

MattCollins7

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ugh, he documented it mild without flare ups. I remember telling him how badly it hurts constantly and that I DO have flare ups and incapacitating episodes at least twice a month. I hope the reviewer changes it, if not I may have to appeal depending on the percentage.

OllieT

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah, Mine said the same thing and I explained that my left arm has been numb since December 2017, which he still put mild...... I guess we are in the same boat on this one.

OllieT

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Man I hope you get what you want! Its crazy cus it seems that no one is getting ratings back since like December 15th.

MattCollins7

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Does anyone else struggle with communication with their PEBLO?! I'm getting more info from Ebenifits/VA.gov than I ever had from her.

OllieT

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My PEBLO is pretty awesome and on the game but he has been doing it for like a decade now. The process sucks even with a good PEBLO, all they can see is when your package is received where and how long it has been there, so they too don't have any transparency as far as how much longer it will take. I wish it was different.

MattCollins7

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just took a double look at it, the one that was closed was the one that was opened earlier this month. The original claim that was filed back in May of last year, is still open. Any insight on what that means?!

OllieT

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That means the Va is finished rating your stuff, check va.gov and that will show you the closed date and that is the date it was sent to the PEB. Nice!!!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">