My Navy Timeline for Radiculopathy

I accepted my findings today, 13 Nov. The forms were sent back to PEB in DC today as well so they'll have it first thing tomorrow morning (14 Nov). I'm hoping to receive my message indicating my final day in the Navy within the next two weeks. I'm being optimistic with that timeline because I think there may be a slight delay due to Thanksgiving. We'll see though... I've got my fingers crossed that my last day will be in the end of February so I can take job/house hunting PTDY and terminal leave. I don't want to sell any leave back. It's a much better deal to take the leave.

That's great! Hope you hear back soon with your date. I'm also hoping I get my findings back soon so I can start the ball rolling soon on leave, etc.

That's great! Hope you hear back soon with your date. I'm also hoping I get my findings back soon so I can start the ball rolling soon on leave, etc.

I got my retirement message yesterday. Last day is 26 Feb. I'll be starting PTDY and terminal leave on 26 Dec.

Any update on your timeline?

I got my retirement message yesterday. Last day is 26 Feb. I'll be starting PTDY and terminal leave on 26 Dec.

Any update on your timeline?

That's good to hear! I haven't heard anything yet from my PEBLO on my case yet. Word should be coming back any day now from the PEB. I'll probably give the PEB a call today to see if they can give me an update on where my case stands.

@cw123
Did you get to pick your retirement date or have any input on your final day based on terminal leave? Did you get to use the 20 days permissive tdy in conjunction with your terminal leave?
Thanks in advance!

@cw123
Did you get to pick your retirement date or have any input on your final day based on terminal leave? Did you get to use the 20 days permissive tdy in conjunction with your terminal leave?
Thanks in advance!

I didn't get to pick my retirement date. I emailed the POC listed on the NPC page twice and didn't receive a response. I was asking the same thing -- "Do I get to choose a retirement date?" Anyway, two weeks after my initial email I received my message indicating my Release from Active Duty (RAD) date of 26 Feb. Once you receive your message you have to submit your retirement package (see your admin for details) to PSD and they'll create your orders. I got my message on 3 Dec, submitted my retirement package on 6 Dec, and should supposedly have orders by 10 Dec. I'm hoping to do my pack out the week of 17 Dec and ship my POV. My last day real day of work is 21 Dec because its a four day weekend. I checkout on PTDY and terminal leave on 26 December. In total, I'm getting the 20 days PTDY and taking 43 days of leave. I'm selling back two days.

I didn't get to pick my retirement date. I emailed the POC listed on the NPC page twice and didn't receive a response. I was asking the same thing -- "Do I get to choose a retirement date?" Anyway, two weeks after my initial email I received my message indicating my Release from Active Duty (RAD) date of 26 Feb. Once you receive your message you have to submit your retirement package (see your admin for details) to PSD and they'll create your orders. I got my message on 3 Dec, submitted my retirement package on 6 Dec, and should supposedly have orders by 10 Dec. I'm hoping to do my pack out the week of 17 Dec and ship my POV. My last day real day of work is 21 Dec because its a four day weekend. I checkout on PTDY and terminal leave on 26 December. In total, I'm getting the 20 days PTDY and taking 43 days of leave. I'm selling back two days.
Thanks and congrats,
I just received my unfit notice and will submit my decision back to PEB on 21 Dec. I’ll post my timeline once I get some more info.

Talked to the Med Board people in DC this morning, they received my package via CD but my PEBLO never sent them the password to access the files.....SMH. So, I called my PEBLO and she is getting that sent over ASAP so they can send my board up today for review.

omg are you for real? I cannot believe that. Thankfully you called or else you would have been waiting until the cows came home. It's crazy how easily your package can fall into a black hole.

Yup, the guy in DC even said he called my PEBLO almost 2 weeks ago requesting the password. When I called her she said "Oh yeah, I was supposed to send that". She's new.....

Still waiting........I was hoping to hear something before the holidays but it's not looking too promising

@MattCollins7 I think that the whole process has just come to a stand still and everyone is on leave. I've been following a few peoples timelines and it seems that no one is getting any feedback the past week. What is your rate? I'm almost positive they will find you unfit because they found me unfit and we have the same thing, fusion with Radiculopathy.

@MattCollins7 I think that the whole process has just come to a stand still and everyone is on leave. I've been following a few peoples timelines and it seems that no one is getting any feedback the past week. What is your rate? I'm almost positive they will find you unfit because they found me unfit and we have the same thing, fusion with Radiculopathy.

That's kinda what I figured with the Holiday season here. I am an AE. So lots of climbing, standing, and fitting into small places required for my rate. What percentage did you get DOD/VA for yours?

Yeah I am an AM, so I know your rate very well. I'm confident that you will be found unfit, I am still waiting to hear back about my ratings as they are with the VA at the moment (since November 21st) on Ebennies and Va.gov there has been no change so I think its just at a stand still or as @HCIC6Z stated, it is probably on the super slow transfer to the VA. Either way as soon as I find out I will let you know. I am just hoping that they find my radiculopathy unfitting. My meds alone make me unfit to be working on a aircraft and the meds are for radiculopathy not neck ROM. My PEBLO said that the PEB is currently taking 30 days for a fit/unfit finding and the VA is around 70 days for them to get the ratings back to the PEB and then 30 days for the QA final PEB decision.

They should have some information for you by now. its been with them for a while now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

They should have some information for you by now. its been with them for a while now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Just talked to them and they said it's in the QA phase getting ready to go to the VA. At least there is some movement on it now!

That is awesome news! So I guess by that answer it is evident that you have been found unfit to continue naval service as your package gets sent to the VA for ratings.

That's what I am assuming. I just hope I get what I want and am found unfit for both major conditions.

Welcome to my world, I am in the same situation:
Cervical stenosis / spinal fusion
Cervical Radiculopathy

If they find just the cervical stenosis / fusion unfit then I won't make the 30% to maintain medical benefits to cover my next fusion of C3-C5. At the moment I am doing bi-weekly cervical epidurals and loads of gabapentine to deal with the continued nerve pain which to me is much worse and dehabilitating than the ROM of my neck. I'm sure you are in the same position as me. What did your C&P exam say about your radiculopathy? Mine said: mild, intemitent pain bilateral with moderate sensory disturbances. Based on the nerves rating percentages and if you're found unfit for Radiculopathy, you will most certainly be over 30%.