My Navy Timeline for Radiculopathy

I would definitely call my PEBLO if I were you as she should have received your ratings from the PEB by now. Not sure about the Ebenefits but the PEB must have uploaded thier findings report by now.

I called my PEBLO, and she says she still can't see anything in the system. I also called the VA directly and they were also zero help in giving me any info. So, back to waiting and crossing my fingers again.

Bro, I think maybe your PEBLO doesn’t know where to look. She is new so it could be a possibility. My PEBLO knew the next day after he could see that a decision was made and emailed me their findings.

So after not getting any help from my PEBLO, I called the PEB directly, they looked into it and said they were going to get in touch with the VA directly to find out what the hold up is. As of this morning VA.gov is showing a new claim opened containing all the same stuff but it is already at the "preparation for decision" phase. Hopefully there are no more snags and I can get my ratings sooner rather than later. It's almost comical at this point at how sloppy the whole process has been with my case.

So it isn't even back at the PEB for final QA phase? That is crazy! I'm really just frustrated that the PEB combines condiytions and then doesn't add any rating to the final rating! I think the process is definitely open for improvement. I hope that your findings come back better than mine. Your PEBLO is terrible and should be the one calling around to findout what the hold up is. Sorry this is happening to you. Based on what VA.gov says, your package should be headed to the PEB.

I called the PEB to see if they could give me another update but their systems are down. Hopefully I can get in touch with them tomorrow to get some answers. I agree with you, my PEBLO should be doing all of this, not me.

This looks promising. - "We finished reviewing your claim on March 14, 2019. We sent you a packet by U.S. mail that includes details of the decision on your claim. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your packet to arrive before contacting a VA call center."

As soon as my PEBLO get's in today, I'm going to be calling her to hopefully finally get my ratings.

Since my last post, there have been 2 additional claims opened and then closed, and now there is another one open with an estimated completion date for October of next year. I still can't an answer from my PEBLO, the PEB, or the VA. This is getting frustrating. Last time I spoke to the PEB, they were going to follow up with the VA to find out what was taking so long but I have yet to hear anything. Any tips on how to go about getting info/answers?

@OllieT @MattCollins7

15Oct18- refered to MEB
1NOV18-C&P”s complete
10Nov-Completed Navy exams
15Nov18- phone with peeblo
18nov18- phone with VA
20Nov18- Narsum complete
21Nov18- Va Recives documents
9Feb19 - IDES attorney says my JDETS report says “ Post Adjudication forward for Qa” he says that likely means i’m Fit.
14Feb19- I call the PEB hotline and they say that I was found unfit and it got sent to the VA
19Feb19- PEB says The VA received my Package.
25Feb19- VA says they just got the package today.
1mar19- talked with peeblo”s counterpart. She says it’s gonna be a while the V.A. hasn’t returned packages that were sent up in December. There is basically 20 people ahead of me .
10Mar19- Peeblo sent me an email saying I was Unfit
15Mar19- case closed with VA and sent back to PEB
22mar19- got a letter from the VA stating I’m entitled to additional benefits, sent in the form.

I am getting 0% help with my MSC or my peeblo(s) it seems the peeblo are always on leave or something. I send emails and call with no response...
I got a fax from the VA with a break down of my disability’s as of right now I”m sitting at 90% for the VA (technically 91%) after all adds up.. this process is garbage and should be fixed our lives & future are just a number to someone else.

Congrats on your rating but I agree, the process could definitely use massive improvements.

I just called the PEB and they said the VA is still working on my case. They said it is unusual for it to take this long but my case is "more complicated" than most. I'm getting really good at the whole hurry up and wait thing. Lol!

Hey guys, yeah.... it’s a complete low ball and I think that the system is flawed. I have my FPEB tomorrow. I have presented all the PEB instructions SECNAVINST 1850.4E that clearly says that radiculopathy rated shall be rated on its own. My lawyer said that they don’t go by the instructions and basically do what they want. I’m doing mine via telephone as my son born on Saturday is currently in critical condition in the NICU so... I am so happy I chose not to go up to DC and with all that going on in my life it has made the whole board process feel irrelevant in my mental status. However it is even more relevant now to maintain tricare for my family.
I’m tired of the yo-yo of this process and the Navy not giving you what you are owed for your injuries.
I intend to fight this all the way to the district/state court and I will win because they are not following the law. That’s the fact, they are cherry picking so they don’t have to retire sailors. Very sad.
You guys hang in there, focus on the fact that they are still paying you while you are waiting

@[U]MattCollins7[/U] when you call the PEB do they give you a hard time, or do they help pretty easily. I am not getting any info about my case which was sent off a while ago I'm trying to be patient but va.gov ebenefits' is no help and everyone at Peblo office says just hurry up and wait. I want to call PEB but don't want them to contact my Peblo or something guess I'm being paranoid. Thanks for any info. Im east coast Va NAVY if that helps.

They won’t contact them. To be honest I found out majority of my case from PEB..

Thanks much appreciated ill give them a call o that note.

But I would try and talk with the service members because as you know civilians, think your a number. Just as a heads up

@[U]MattCollins7[/U] when you call the PEB do they give you a hard time, or do they help pretty easily. I am not getting any info about my case which was sent off a while ago I'm trying to be patient but va.gov ebenefits' is no help and everyone at Peblo office says just hurry up and wait. I want to call PEB but don't want them to contact my Peblo or something guess I'm being paranoid. Thanks for any info. Im east coast Va NAVY if that helps.

I've had nothing but a good experience when calling the PEB. They are always very helpful and don't hesitate to look up my case when I ask. They've been more helpful than my PEBLO this whole time.

So guys I have to completely take back what I said above. I just had my FPEB and I couldn’t have had a more amazing board. They granted me 50% DOD on TDRL and were so nice, they didn’t grill me or anything, they just asked a few questions and then gave me their stipulation. They gave me both arm radiculopathy. The head board member explained everything and it was over in about 15 minutes.
I had new nerve conduction studies, witness statements and a new write up from neurosurgeon. I think they want to see if you are willing to fight for it because most people accept the low offer.