My Navy Timeline for Radiculopathy

Matt,

Correct me if I'm wrong. Looking at the previous posts you met with the VA rep to initiate your IDES. My VA rep is my MSC. In all honesty they can also look into your claim too if you get any further issues with your PEBLO.

Good luck and I hope for the best possible result.
I met with a VA rep when the process started but that's as far as our relationship went. He had me sign some papers and sent on my way. I have since applied for a rep but never received one.

Thanks for the good wishes!

I met with a VA rep when the process started but that's as far as our relationship went. He had me sign some papers and sent on my way. I have since applied for a rep but never received one.

Thanks for the good wishes!
@MattCollins7 Any update? I have heard several times that it should be any day now and the PEB final certification process usually does not take this long (3+ weeks)...

@MattCollins7 Any update? I have heard several times that it should be any day now and the PEB final certification process usually does not take this long (3+ weeks)...
I finally got a hold of the VA and my PEBLO yesterday. The VA sent my package back to the PEB on the 2nd of this month. So, the proposed ratings are done(I haven't seen them yet) and in the hands of the final reviewers. I've been trying to call the PEB for the past week but no one has answered the phone there. Hopefully I hear something soon!

@MattCollins7 Brother, I am so sorry that you are still waiting. We started the same time and I am almost done after having gone to a formal board already! It should be back any day now. Just try focus on the fact that it is a few months extra pay.

Ratings are finally in! I've been on vacation for the past week and haven't had the chance to post yet. I am going to medical this morning to sit with my PEBLO and go over all the paperwork. So, I got 50% DOD and %50 VA. I'm happy with the DOD rating but not the VA. The VA did not list my conditions as what I described them as at all and it's severely affecting the rating. I will be speaking with my assigned lawyer later this week to see how to go about getting a higher percentage with the VA.

Has anyone else here had to fight for higher VA ratings during this process, and if so, how hard is it to get?

Ratings are finally in! I've been on vacation for the past week and haven't had the chance to post yet. I am going to medical this morning to sit with my PEBLO and go over all the paperwork. So, I got 50% DOD and %50 VA. I'm happy with the DOD rating but not the VA. The VA did not list my conditions as what I described them as at all and it's severely affecting the rating. I will be speaking with my assigned lawyer later this week to see how to go about getting a higher percentage with the VA.

Has anyone else here had to fight for higher VA ratings during this process, and if so, how hard is it to get?

Congrats on the ratings. I am hoping my results get done soon but that dosent seem to be the case since the PEB apparently lost a few files and backed up because theyre looking for them.

I talked to a few people in the past in regards to new ratings. To my understanding its just a rebuttal that needs to be done within 7 days of receiving results. Id recommend having more medical paper to submit if you have any just to kind of back your case up. The process is quicker but will extend it a little further. Best of luck to you.

Thanks! I am happy with the DOD rating but the VA rating needs some work. I spoke to my PEBLO this morning and signed the receipt of findings. Today starts a 15 day clock in which I have to decide to accept or rebut the finding with the lawyer. My PEBLO said the lawyer should be calling today or tomorrow to go over everything with me and to setup a course of action. I will post more once I speak to the lawyer.

Thanks! I am happy with the DOD rating but the VA rating needs some work. I spoke to my PEBLO this morning and signed the receipt of findings. Today starts a 15 day clock in which I have to decide to accept or rebut the finding with the lawyer. My PEBLO said the lawyer should be calling today or tomorrow to go over everything with me and to setup a course of action. I will post more once I speak to the lawyer.
Congrats on your findings I know you have been waiting forever.. sorry about the va portion that's just disappointing to know you can wait that long and not get what you were expecting.

@MattCollins7 That is a fantastic outcome from the DOD. Congratulations. The VA is easy, just get a few more supporting documents and ROM tests done and submit and VARR and your VA rating will be changed. Did you get TDRL or PDRL?

@MattCollins7 That is a fantastic outcome from the DOD. Congratulations. The VA is easy, just get a few more supporting documents and ROM tests done and submit and VARR and your VA rating will be changed. Did you get TDRL or PDRL?
Thanks, Ollie! I'm happy with the DOD rating and after talking to the lawyer yesterday, he thinks it may even go higher if we can get the supporting documentation. And I got PDRL!
I'll be talking with the lawyer again at some point today to go over the findings in detail to see if the VA left anything out etc.

That is awesome brother. PDRL too, you lucky...... I have to go through this whole thing again in 18 months at my TDRL re-evaluation. It should definitely increase your DOD rating. So happy for you man, enjoy your retirement :)

For those just joining the thread, below is an updated timeline so you don't have to dig through the messages to see the updates. I will post more in regard to leave dates and separation dates when I get that information.

UPDATE:
UPDATE as of 08MAY2019
04MAY2018 - Referred by PCM to DES
07MAY2018 - Meeting with PEBLO & Conference call with Attorney
14MAY2018 - Had meeting with VA representative
18MAY2018 - VA Compensation claim submitted (Estimated Completion: 01/15/2019 - 08/28/2019)
11JUL2018 - C&P Audio Appointment
13JUL2018 - C&P Exam 2
14JUL2018 - C&P Ortho Exam
05AUG2018 - C&P Radiology
11AUG2018 - C&P Ortho Exam
13AUG2018 - NARSUM completed
02OCT2018 - C&P's finally received by PEBLO
16OCT2018 - C&P overview call with attorney
22OCT2018 - MEDBOARD package submitted for initial review
05NOV2018 - Initial review completed. I am being submitted to PEB for an unfit consideration for my back conditions and shoulder conditions.
05NOV2018 - PEB submitted
09JAN2019 - Package was received by the VA from the PEB
30JAN2019 - Claim for Compensation package was closed by the VA and sent back to the PEB
07MAY2019 - Findings of the PEB Proceedings received - 50%DOD(PDRL) & 50% VA ratings. (Will be attempting to get a higher rating through the VA)
08MAY2019 - Phone call scheduled with lawyer to discuss finding

UNFITTING condition ratings as outlined in the findings:
1. - LOW BACK PAIN (Stable) - 20%
2. - RIGHT SHOULDER PAIN (Stable) - 20%
3. - RIGHT LEG RADICULOPATHY, LUMBAR REGION (Stable) - 20%

Other conditions rated but not unfitting.
1. - TINNITUS - 10%

Combined total VA rating (Using weird VA math) = 50%
DOD rating = 50% PDRL

That is awesome brother. PDRL too, you lucky...... I have to go through this whole thing again in 18 months at my TDRL re-evaluation. It should definitely increase your DOD rating. So happy for you man, enjoy your retirement :)
Thanks man! Sorry to hear you have to do it again but wish you the best of luck!

For those just joining the thread, below is an updated timeline so you don't have to dig through the messages to see the updates. I will post more in regard to leave dates and separation dates when I get that information.

UPDATE:
UPDATE as of 08MAY2019
04MAY2018 - Referred by PCM to DES
07MAY2018 - Meeting with PEBLO & Conference call with Attorney
14MAY2018 - Had meeting with VA representative
18MAY2018 - VA Compensation claim submitted (Estimated Completion: 01/15/2019 - 08/28/2019)
11JUL2018 - C&P Audio Appointment
13JUL2018 - C&P Exam 2
14JUL2018 - C&P Ortho Exam
05AUG2018 - C&P Radiology
11AUG2018 - C&P Ortho Exam
13AUG2018 - NARSUM completed
02OCT2018 - C&P's finally received by PEBLO
16OCT2018 - C&P overview call with attorney
22OCT2018 - MEDBOARD package submitted for initial review
05NOV2018 - Initial review completed. I am being submitted to PEB for an unfit consideration for my back conditions and shoulder conditions.
05NOV2018 - PEB submitted
09JAN2019 - Package was received by the VA from the PEB
30JAN2019 - Claim for Compensation package was closed by the VA and sent back to the PEB
07MAY2019 - Findings of the PEB Proceedings received - 50%DOD(PDRL) & 50% VA ratings. (Will be attempting to get a higher rating through the VA)
08MAY2019 - Phone call scheduled with lawyer to discuss finding

1. - TINNITUS - 10%

DOD rating = 50% PDRL
Just trying to understand why your VA was so low .. you had 4 claims total VA combined and 3 DOD unfitting.

It's confusing to me as well but I have a phone call scheduled in an hour to speak with the lawyer to go over all claimed conditions to see if we can get them higher. I will post an update after speaking with him.

The lawyer was supposed to call me yesterday afternoon but I never heard from him. Hopefully he gets back to me today.

1. - TINNITUS - 10%

DOD rating = 50% PDRL

Can I ask what your symptoms are for your leg? Do you have atrophy, what did your DBQ have checked (Mild, moderate, etc.)? I have right radiculopathy too, with atrophy, really anxious to find out what the rating for it is.

Symptoms for the leg was just radiculopathy listed as mild. I'm trying to get them to make it moderate with flare ups. When I did the C&P, I told them(and showed evidence) of flare ups and moderate to severe pain, but they marked it incorrectly. I am still waiting on the disability attorney to call me back to go over it all. @js820, what phase of the process is your package in?

Symptoms for the leg was just radiculopathy listed as mild. I'm trying to get them to make it moderate with flare ups. When I did the C&P, I told them(and showed evidence) of flare ups and moderate to severe pain, but they marked it incorrectly. I am still waiting on the disability attorney to call me back to go over it all. @js820, what phase of the process is your package in?

Thanks for the insight. If you were able to get 20 with mild symptoms, I have hope for not getting screwed. Although my examiner did not mark everything accurately, and I would not be surprised if the rater missed stuff. I wrote a long rebuttal to try and ensure they didn't miss anything. I'm waiting on the PEB to make sep/retirement decision, they should have everything back from the VA. It's been about two weeks, so I should hear any week now.

I decided, along with my wife, to go ahead and accept the findings as is. There is just not enough evidence to support a "severe" condition. Once I am separated, I intend to go to the VA and add more claims but for now, I am happy with the results! I will update my timeline once I get more info from my PEBLO and attorney. Thanks everyone for following along! It's nice to finally see a light at the end of this very long tunnel.