My Navy Timeline for Radiculopathy

I wouldn't wait to separate to get the remainder of claims entered. From what I heard it is a disaster to get the VA to do anything after you are out. I would recommend starting it now or reaching out to the MSC. My MSC told me she could add claims at the end of the IDES to up the rating as separate from the IDES.

The unfortunate thing is, Idon't even know who my MSC is. There has been a huge lack of communication between all entities involved throughout this entire process. I am going to call my PEBLO and try to find out who my MSC is and hopefully talk with them about what's best for my case as far as submitting more claims.

UPDATE:
UPDATE as of 16MAY2019
04MAY2018 - Referred by PCM to DES
07MAY2018 - Meeting with PEBLO & Conference call with Attorney
14MAY2018 - Had meeting with VA representative
18MAY2018 - VA Compensation claim submitted (Estimated Completion: 01/15/2019 - 08/28/2019)
11JUL2018 - C&P Audio Appointment
13JUL2018 - C&P Exam 2
14JUL2018 - C&P Ortho Exam
05AUG2018 - C&P Radiology
11AUG2018 - C&P Ortho Exam
13AUG2018 - NARSUM completed
02OCT2018 - C&P's finally received by PEBLO
16OCT2018 - C&P overview call with attorney
22OCT2018 - MEDBOARD package submitted for initial review
05NOV2018 - Initial review completed. I am being submitted to PEB for an unfit consideration for my back conditions and shoulder conditions.
05NOV2018 - PEB submitted
09JAN2019 - Package was received by the VA from the PEB
30JAN2019 - Claim for Compensation package was closed by the VA and sent back to the PEB
07MAY2019 - Findings of the PEB Proceedings received - 50%DOD(PDRL) & 50% VA ratings. (Will be attempting to get a higher rating through the VA)
08MAY2019 - Phone call scheduled with lawyer to discuss finding
10MAY2019 - Spoke with attorney in regard to my findings he advised to accept as is to not risk having my case re-evaluated and chancing getting put on TDRL
12MAY2019 - Accepted findings, sent to PEB same day.

Sounds like a plan. I've got a pretty decent PEBLO, responds quickly. I checked in with him a couple days ago about any updates, told me that VA rated me at 80%, just waiting on the PEB to make their final decision, should know by the end of the month. I was thinking similar to what your lawyer said, as long as my DOD ratings are good, I think I'll accept and work the VA ratings on the outside. I can't stand waiting any longer, and I wouldn't want to risk a good DOD rating. 80% in my situation sounds about right, depending on how it all breaks down, I don't know that I'll really be able to get that last 20%.

That's a great rating to start off with! Better than mine, lol! I'd be happy if I can work with an MSC to get mine up with 80%. I hope you get good news from the DOD side soon!

Does anyone know if the PEB changed their phone number? I've been trying to reach them for over a week now and can't get anyone to answer for an update.

Does anyone know if the PEB changed their phone number? I've been trying to reach them for over a week now and can't get anyone to answer for an update.

Same number. They are just backlogged and rarely pick up the phone. The best times I have reached them is between 10-11, right after 1300 and between 1430-1500. Any other time I called I got nothing.

My ratings came back a couple weeks ago. Paperwork is messed up, I got 20% for my lumbar radiculopathy, but my back wasn't even considered as apparently there wasn't an addendum for it. It was on the referred conditions, but not considered by the board. So I'm appealing now, trying to get a doctor to add my back as a separate unfitting condition. Did you have any trouble with this? How were you able to get both conditions rated? Were they both Cat I, or was one Cat II? Lawyer said sometimes they make the leg symptoms Cat II, and then they don't get added to the DOD rating? Is this true?

My ratings came back a couple weeks ago. Paperwork is messed up, I got 20% for my lumbar radiculopathy, but my back wasn't even considered as apparently there wasn't an addendum for it. It was on the referred conditions, but not considered by the board. So I'm appealing now, trying to get a doctor to add my back as a separate unfitting condition. Did you have any trouble with this? How were you able to get both conditions rated? Were they both Cat I, or was one Cat II? Lawyer said sometimes they make the leg symptoms Cat II, and then they don't get added to the DOD rating? Is this true?

That's weird they didn't add your back into the conditions. I had no issues getting my reffered conditions considered to be unfitting. It was a long process but in the end, the board found both referred conditions to be unfitting and had me placed on PDRL. So, I'm not sure why they didn't do that for you. I honestly can't remember what Cat the conditions were listed as, I'll have to look it up. I'm assuming they were both Cat I since they were found to be unfitting. I'm sure someone else on here may know more of the specifics of how that works as well. I hope your appeal goes well and in your favor!

UPDATE:
UPDATE as of 12JUN2019
18MAY2018 - VA Compensation claim submitted (Estimated Completion: 01/15/2019 - 08/28/2019)
13JUL2018 - C&P Exam 2
05NOV2018 - Initial review completed. I am being submitted to PEB for an unfit consideration for my back conditions and shoulder conditions.
30JAN2019 - Claim for Compensation package was closed by the VA and sent back to the PEB
07MAY2019 - Findings of the PEB Proceedings received - 50%DOD(PDRL) & 50% VA ratings. (Will be attempting to get a higher rating through the VA)
10MAY2019 - Spoke with attorney in regard to my findings he advised to accept as is to not risk having my case re-evaluated and chancing getting put on TDRL
12MAY2019 - Accepted findings, sent to PEB same day. ]
11JUN2019 - My command recieved the message for my retirement date. I am set to retire on 28AUG2019. PTDY/Terminal Leave will begin mid July.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. I've spent the past 2 years in limbo and now that I finally have an answer/date, the reality of the situation has set in. Luckily, I have spent the past few months making arrangements and plans for the future. Now that I have a date, I can find a place to live and finally get home to Texas! For those of you still in the holding pattern waiting for your dates, please do yourself a favor and start planning your next move now. I've seen too many others wait until the last second to make ANY plans and they end up broke, homeless, or couch surfing. There are far too many benefits available to you to help you plan accordingly for your future beyond the military. Make the next chapter of your life better than the last!

I will be posting more updates once PTDY/Terminal is approved. In the mean time, I wish all of you the best of luck and want to thank each of you for reading and following along with my journey!

UPDATE:
UPDATE as of 12JUN2019
13JUL2018 - C&P Exam 2
11JUN2019 - My command recieved the message for my retirement date. I am set to retire on 28AUG2019. PTDY/Terminal Leave will begin mid July.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. I've spent the past 2 years in limbo and now that I finally have an answer/date, the reality of the situation has set in. Luckily, I have spent the past few months making arrangements and plans for the future. Now that I have a date, I can find a place to live and finally get home to Texas! For those of you still in the holding pattern waiting for your dates, please do yourself a favor and start planning your next move now. I've seen too many others wait until the last second to make ANY plans and they end up broke, homeless, or couch surfing. There are far too many benefits available to you to help you plan accordingly for your future beyond the military. Make the next chapter of your life better than the last!

I will be posting more updates once PTDY/Terminal is approved. In the mean time, I wish all of you the best of luck and want to thank each of you for reading and following along with my journey!

Congrats!!! Wish you the best with your new chapter!! Blessings!!!

Newest update: PTDY/House/Job Hunting of 20 days approved and will begin July 11th(my Bday!), and then terminal leave has been approved to begin on July 30th for a total of 49 days. So my last day at my command, and in uniform, will be 11JUL19! Not a bad birthday present!

Newest update: PTDY/House/Job Hunting of 20 days approved and will begin July 11th(my Bday!), and then terminal leave has been approved to begin on July 30th for a total of 49 days. So my last day at my command, and in uniform, will be 11JUL19! Not a bad birthday present!

Outstanding!!! That is so great to hear. Very happy for you. Hope your new chapter goes well!!

Congrats best of luck

Hey ya'll , sorry for the lack of updates. Life has been crazy lately. I've officially medically retired now and am back home in Texas learning how to navigate life as a veteran. The VA in Fort Worth has been very helpful(Surprisingly) in the process. I am still waiting on my ratings decision letter so I can begin to receive my payments from the VA. I'm hoping the final rating is higher than the proposed rating but if not, I will be working with the Texas Veterans Commission local chapter to get a rating increase and to add more disabilities to my overall rating. I will update my timeline with any new developments as they occur. Thanks again to everyone who has followed along with my journey. If you have any questions about the process or clarification on a similar situation to mine, I'd be happy to try and answer your questions to the best of my ability/knowledge using my personal experiences.

Just curious... why did it take from January to May for you to sign your ratings? Did something else happen in between
Nothing in particular happened between those dates. Unfortunately, in my case, they just sat on my file for a few months. It somehow was never touched for that period of time. I even called them to ask about why it was taking so long but no one could give me an answer until I finally got some movement on it through my PEBLO.

LATEST UPDATE:
UPDATE as of 24SEP2019
13JUL2018 - C&P Exam 2
28AUG2019 - Officially Permanently Disabled Retired!!
17SEP2019 - Initial appointments at local VA facility for intake and enrollment
18SEP2019 - Met with new PCM, recieved updated imaging, and applied for VA ID card.

From this point, my timeline will most likely not change but I do plan to continue to update this thread with any pertinent information I feel others may find helpful who are going through a similar situation. As I have said before, I would be happy to answer any questions and provide guidance to whoever may need it.

Nothing in particular happened between those dates. Unfortunately, in my case, they just sat on my file for a few months. It somehow was never touched for that period of time. I even called them to ask about why it was taking so long but no one could give me an answer until I finally got some movement on it through my PEBLO.
That is crazy! I would have raised some hell, my PEBLO hasn’t told me anything though I find out all info from phone calls to the PEB and VA