My Navy Timeline

Hey @JohnViro

I just had two quick questions about your specific situation if you had a moment. First, I noticed that there was approximately a month between the case going historical and you accepting your findings. Was that due to the QA phase that occurs after the DoVA completes their proposed findings? Second, in your circumstance, did the DoD adopt the percentage that the VA had proposed specifically for your REFERRED UNFIT condition?

Yes & yes. QA phase was the longest portion of this entire process, the PEB kept quoting me 25 to 30 days, however if you're like me and severely impatient, you might get lucky like I did and found a rep over the phone from the VA who will neither confirm or deny your proposed rating. If you can't, it's 10 business days til they can fax it to your PEBLO. And yes, for both IDES and LDES, the DOD uses VA rating system, and your overall DOD will be for ONLY your "referred to PEB" condition(s).

@JohnViro ,

Thanks for the quick response. I already went ahead and had the VA proposed ratings faxed over, I'm at 80% total with the Referred Condition being at 50%. I've been waiting at this QA phase since May 1st, starting to get irritated! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

@JohnViro ,

Thanks for the quick response. I already went ahead and had the VA proposed ratings faxed over, I'm at 80% total with the Referred Condition being at 50%. I've been waiting at this QA phase since May 1st, starting to get irritated! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Same man, the QA phase annoyed me when the rest of my IDES case has been extremely quick.

I've now since encountered a few other issues, one being the admin department where I am stationed didn't want to open up a TOPS ticket to get me hard copies, they kept saying my retirement packet has to be 100% completed, and my issue was the medical clinic not being able to schedule me a separation physical any time soon, I would of been forced to live here til after my end of service til movers could come. I called around and discovered that PSD only needs blocks 1-14 on the NPPSC 1900/1, page 1, for PSD to produce hard copy orders. If you need any help at all, don't hesitate to ship me a message!

27DEC17- Referred to med board.
28DEC17- Met with PEBLO and VA rep.
04JAN18- Phone conference with lawyer
18JAN-31JAN18- C&P exams
13FEB18- Signed NARSUM, command had everything already sent to PEBLO, and is now being sent off to MEB. Received copies of my C&P exams.
02MAR18- PCM submitted a second NARSUM, decided to rebuttal to have "lower chronic back pain" for diagnosis changed to include my 3 diagnoses added.
05MAR18- PCM sent back her reply to rebuttal. Submitted to PEB
06MAR18- PEB accepted package
15MAR18- Found UNFIT and package was sent to VA
28MAR18- Ebennies changes to Preparation for Decision
30MAR18- Ebennies changes to Pending Decision Approval, then goes historical!
24APR18- Case came back to PEBLO, accepted findings, DOD 40% VA 90%.
03MAY18- Received RAD date, submitted for orders on 10MAY18.
15MAY18- Received retirement orders, RAD date 27JUN18.

So glad to finally be over this entire process, which luckily moved fairly quickly along, especially considering I started LIMDU almost exactly 1 year ago. Thank you to everyone who has helped me from this forum in this process and to the forum for having such amazing information. If anyone ever needs any help, do not hesitate to reach out to me for any information! I will still frequent this forum!

Hello everyone, I have been recommended for a Med board from a gastrointestinal doctor for EOE and Gerd. I have had this issue going on 3 years now with no improvement in my condition despite taking several steroids and other medications. Additionally, I have severe lower back pain that hasn't went away with several months of Physical Therapy and am currently in therapy with PTSD issues from Afghanistan. I met with the PCM today and he stated he would have his portion completed either today or tomorrow and that the PEBLO should be getting in contact with me by next week. I spoke with a corpsman that was processed out and he claimed that along with what he was med boarded for they also added in everything else that was wrong with him on top of what they originally submitted him for when it was all said done...raising his DOD and VA ratings, does this sound right? Any guidance on anything I have stated above would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: 17AUG18 - IDES case on ebenefits disappears, no more open cases, 3 historical, will begin getting paid Sept 1st, however when I went to "disabilities" in ebenefits, my rating was not 90%, it's 100%!!

14SEP18- Finally met with PEBLO she stated my whole process should be complete by the new year.

14SEP18- Finally met with PEBLO she stated my whole process should be complete by the new year.

I recommend you add your last two posts here as separate forum posts/threads so you can get more direct answers to your question.

My IDES process started in late July.
PEB package was submitted on 9/24. PEBLO said I should have a determination by mid-October.

I'm Navy too.

My IDES process started in late July.
PEB package was submitted on 9/24. PEBLO said I should have a determination by mid-October.

I'm Navy too.

My PEBLO already scheduled all of my VA appointments so if the determination does come back unfit it will just be the DOD rating I'm waiting on vice both of them. My NMA actually hit the CO's desk today.

**Update**
PEB package submitted on 9/24. Determined UNFIT on 10/9. Waiting on percentages now...

**Update**
PEB package submitted on 9/24. Determined UNFIT on 10/9. Waiting on percentages now...
Hope it goes smoothly for you from here on out. I submitted mine on 9/27 and still no word on anything, which is a great way to treat someone with anxiety, lol.

Hope it goes smoothly for you from here on out. I submitted mine on 9/27 and still no word on anything, which is a great way to treat someone with anxiety, lol.

Call your PEBLO and ask them to check. The only reason I know is because I asked and she looked it up in the system.

I called my PEBLO today, but couldn't get a hold of him. However, I checked ebenefits today and it changed to pending decision approval! So I'm assuming I'm unfit, which I expected. So hopefully I'll know when I get out soon so I can put definitive dates to plans.

I called my PEBLO today, but couldn't get a hold of him. However, I checked ebenefits today and it changed to pending decision approval! So I'm assuming I'm unfit, which I expected. So hopefully I'll know when I get out soon so I can put definitive dates to plans.

Awesome! I checked ebenefits after reading your reply and............ no change for me. LOL... I'll just keep waiting.

I think my case is pretty straight forward, so hopefully I'll hear something soon. Keep us updated as things progress for you.

Hello everybody,

I was found unfit at 100% DoD / 100% VA / PDRL. Anybody else found unfit with TDRL/PDRL? If so, have you been notified as to when your last day in the Navy will be? How long did it take to be notified after you accepted your findings?

Thanks!

When i was found unfit in march 2018 then recieved retirement ordersfrom the navy in april i had to physically email the LT in charge. She said we can pick our own dates or they will just have a generic date they will pick. I would recommend it to be at least three days prior to the end of the month of retirement due to pay.

When i was found unfit in march 2018 then recieved retirement ordersfrom the navy in april i had to physically email the LT in charge. She said we can pick our own dates or they will just have a generic date they will pick. I would recommend it to be at least three days prior to the end of the month of retirement due to pay.

Do you remember which section at PERS that you emailed?

Yes but i need to find it. I will get back to you with that info.