My Navy Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I came across this forum and am pretty nervous and anxious about the whole process.

My time line

Start of MEDboard -late August
VA appts/CnP exams early Oct
MEB pkg sent to PEB -Oct 26
PEB request evals from PEBLO 1st-2nd week of Nov
PEBLO- sent evals back 2nd week
No updates rather fit or unfit..
E-benefits- preparation for decision(I feel like it’s been that way for a while)

Question 1- is my process taking more than usual for a response tonstste the it went sent for rating?
Question 2-have anyone came to ask for evals from your PEBLO?
Question 3- does preparation for decision on ebenefits means your fit/unfit or has no relevance?

Thanks for the insight. I’m worrying about this everyday.

Hello Everyone,

I came across this forum and am pretty nervous and anxious about the whole process.

My time line

Start of MEDboard -late August
VA appts/CnP exams early Oct
MEB pkg sent to PEB -Oct 26
PEB request evals from PEBLO 1st-2nd week of Nov
PEBLO- sent evals back 2nd week
No updates rather fit or unfit..
E-benefits- preparation for decision(I feel like it’s been that way for a while)

Question 1- is my process taking more than usual for a response tonstste the it went sent for rating?
Question 2-have anyone came to ask for evals from your PEBLO?
Question 3- does preparation for decision on ebenefits means your fit/unfit or has no relevance?

Thanks for the insight. I’m worrying about this everyday.

Q1: From PEB receiving my package to me getting my ratings was about six weeks.
Q2: Your NMA should have included your previous two years of evals as enclosures. If your PEBLO sent your package without them, it wouldn't seem odd for the PEB to request them.

I'm not sure about Q3.

@navycop No response from the email I sent. I also tried calling PERS 954 and couldn't get through to anyone in any position to help me. I'm coming up on three weeks since accepting my findings. I guess it will just continue to be a waiting game for me.

I did find out my case was adjudicated by the office of the Sec Nav on 19 November, so I guess I'm getting closer.

Q2: Your NMA should have included your previous two years of evals as enclosures. If your PEBLO sent your package without them, it wouldn't seem odd for the PEB to request them.

I'm not sure about Q3.

I'm not sure about Q3.
its been 5 weeks today sinc pkg was sent. Correct, I’m not sure why they weren’t sent up at first besidesi guess it was guidance that came down stating they weren’t required. They ended up sending them in. I heckled this week and PEBLO stated no updates due to system down. I still see people recently that have been getting unfit/fit findings, so I’m just a little nervous that something is wrong because I haven’t heard anything come back. I guess I’ll try to stick it out another week or so to see if there’s an update on whether found unfit or not.

its been 5 weeks today sinc pkg was sent. Correct, I’m not sure why they weren’t sent up at first besidesi guess it was guidance that came down stating they weren’t required. They ended up sending them in. I heckled this week and PEBLO stated no updates due to system down. I still see people recently that have been getting unfit/fit findings, so I’m just a little nervous that something is wrong because I haven’t heard anything come back. I guess I’ll try to stick it out another week or so to see if there’s an update on whether found unfit or not.

Are you Navy or Marine Corps? If so, call this number: (202) 685-6422. The number is the PEB office in DC. I called the other day with a question. They looked me up and I had my answer in about five minutes. They may be able to confirm if your case is at the VA because you were found unfit.

Last edited:
Are you Navy or Marine Corps? If so, call this number: (202) 685-6422. The number is the PEB office in DC. I called the other day with a question. They looked me up and I had my answer in about five minutes. They may be able to confirm if your case is at the VA because you were found unfit.
Yes I’m Navy. I very much appreciate it. I’ll give them a call on Monday. Thanks for your time and info.

@navycop My retirement message came yesterday. The email you provided was listed on the message but I got no response from them in two emails prior to receiving the message. I appreciate the help. My final day in the Navy is on 26 Feb. I'll be starting PTDY and terminal leave on 26 December. I have 11 working days left in uniform... it's bittersweet.

Hello all. As stated prior my case was suspended due to PEBLO not sending in my evals. Once sent in I contacted DC myself and they had told me that a decision has been made but it is in the QA phase for DOD to determine me fit/unfit. I’m really nervous for the outcome. Have anyone had any experience with the referred conditions (unspecified trauma disorder (combat deployment with marines) & major depression disorder) coming back fit or unfit. I have currently been in non deployable statues since Jan this year and will not be deployable for the future. Is there a great potential for fit status?

Thank you for the Phone # it was a big help. I got answers I've been looking for. Determined Unfit waiting on rating from VA.