My Navy Timeline

Usndocgreen

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello All,
I am posting my timeline thus far to hopefully contribute something to this community. I have had 5 MEB's and from those 3 PEB's have been generated. I am in that 3rd PEB Now. My issues are Cervical and Lumbar spine, shoulder, Depression and Fibro. 15 Surgeries in total and last full PRT in 2014. I have looked at this forum so many times over the last years as my conditions have chronically gotten worse. Posting now here as my third go round through this whole process

PEB #1 Nov 2009 Fit to Continue on Active Duty
PEB #2 JUN 2018 Fit But non deployable

PEB #3 Timeline
Referral for MEB: September 4, 2019
Contacted by PEBLO: September 5, 2019
Met with VA to schedule C&P exams: September 11, 2019
First C&P exam: September 23, 2019
NMA Stamped received: OCT 07 2019
Last C&P exam: October 24, 2019
NARSUM (1st signature): November 18, 2019
NARSUM (final signature):November 21, 2019
PEBLO Meeting for review: November 22, 2019

Waiting....... Spoke with Gunny and Package has been with Presiding officer since 10 December

So I poke with the peb office and my package is with QA. I asked if it was going to my PEBLO or the VA after that and they said my PEBLO. That seems to indicate I was found fit right??

So I am trying to figure out if QA at the peb is associated with unfit findings only or fit as well. I called back once more to ask specifically if fit or unfit and the gentleman on the phone said he couldn’t tell me. I asked again if it was going to my PEBLO he said yes. Then I asked do all reports fit and unfit both go to the PEBLO he said yes. So I am not sure that I have learned anything

check VA.gov, I found out my package was found unfit before my PEBLO by seeing a completed claim on VA.gov.

Should be one original claim and another claim on top of found unfit. Least that’s what tipped me off.

check VA.gov, I found out my package was found unfit before my PEBLO by seeing a completed claim on VA.gov.

Should be one original claim and another claim on top of found unfit. Least that’s what tipped me off.

thank you! I’ve been keeping an eye on that as well.

thank you! I’ve been keeping an eye on that as well.

Your PEBLO and your assigned lawyer can see that the package was forwarded to the VA. If it is sent to VA you were found unfit. When it is in QA there is really no way to tell if it is a fit or unfit determination, just that the PEB has made a decision one way or another.

Your PEBLO and your assigned lawyer can see that the package was forwarded to the VA. If it is sent to VA you were found unfit. When it is in QA there is really no way to tell if it is a fit or unfit determination, just that the PEB has made a decision one way or another.

thank you!

Update...

PEB #3 Timeline
Package with PEB Presiding officer: December 10,2019

23 Dec 2019 Peb office reported its with QA
30 Dec 2019 PEBLO reports package is still with PEB

Update...

PEB #3 Timeline

9Jan 2019 peb office says still in QA

Update here

PEB #3 Timeline

9Jan 2020 peb office says still in QA
13 Jan 2020 findings back fit

Planning to request fpeb but my request was denied last time. I find this amazing with 10 referred conditions and rec to separate from command

That baffles me they are finding you fit even though you have not completed a prt since 2014. What is their reasoning? What was the preferred condition that was sent for medical board.

E925138F-2A6A-41F2-B986-29515A1CB1AA.jpeg
that’s my list of referred conditions. They basically said I had good fit reps from a year ago and I was still “performing well in rate” despit my department head and command saying I wasn’t in my nma

It does not make since they base the decision on how well someone's does. Its supposed to be a medical decision and not a decision based on evals

Update...

PEB #3 Timeline

9Jan 2020 peb office says still in QA
13 Jan 2020 findings back fit
28 Jan 2020 election of options signed requesting formal PEB . Included letters x2 and impact statement

Looks like the Navy just doesn’t wanna let you go. Do they actually find anyone ‘unfit’? It doesn’t seem like it...

Update....peblo told me if I haven’t heard back in 60 days to give them a call... these timelines are crazy. So far outside of what they are supposed to be

Hi everyone,
I have a package in since early December, it’s for hearing loss. Im stationed overseas and my PEBLO is not very helpful he said he can’t get any updates, I have called the help desk number and after many unanswered calls, someone finally picked up the phone just to tell me they can’t get me any updates and to talk to my PEBLO. Any one has any idea how long this is supposed to take?

Hi, so only if I am found unfit the package will go to VA? If not it should be a quick turn around from PEB?

So I am trying to figure out if QA at the peb is associated with unfit findings only or fit as well. I called back once more to ask specifically if fit or unfit and the gentleman on the phone said he couldn’t tell me. I asked again if it was going to my PEBLO he said yes. Then I asked do all reports fit and unfit both go to the PEBLO he said yes. So I am not sure that I have learned anything
Can you please share the number you called?