My Overseas PEB timeline

KeithW

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Just posting this to give anyone stationed overseas an overview on the timeline as it happens. Not sure what outcome to expect since I am sitting at 18 years, 2 months AD.

2 OCT 2012: Received MEB for Major Depressive Disorder Moderate / Dysthymia disorder
4 OCT 2012: Command notified and asked for Non-Medical Assestment (NMA)
8 OCT 2012: Turned in my NMA for the command to review and approve.
26-28 OCT 2012: Command sent signed NMA to Medical (Not much changed from the original)
28-30 OCT 2012: Medical sent off to D.C. for my IPEB
7 NOV 2012: Received approval for IDES and signed paperwork. Approved for Major Depressive Disorder.

Will continue to update as information arrives. Currently waiting on PCS orders back to the states for entry into the IDES, 90 days is the time limit from what I read to receive orders from detailer. Hope this helps anyone else going through the process.

Since I am playing the waiting game, what is the time line we are looking at here for orders? Likely it depends on the detailer but I have been hearing some weird things like my command now has to do more paperwork and such for them to release me for orders back to the states. Also what does the time line look like from when you receive orders to your report no later than date? Reason I ask is that I have seen people leave due to admin sep and such with 2 weeks notice upon receipt of orders. Wrote detailer but no response, however since it Thanksgiving was this weekend he might be on leave.

Update:

17 Dec 2012: Received Orders back to the states
15 Jan 2013: Report NLT Date

They offer you a choice, but I did not get Norfolk which I put down and is a direct MAC flight from here. Going to D.C. instead. Likely commercial.

What branch are you in? i just signed my paperwork and im waitin the 90 days to leave here from okinawa and i was wondering if all the branches had similiar wait times for orders.

Sorry for the heck of a long time for a reply. In the Navy. Not sure though for all the services, think it should be the same but that is just my personal thought.

I'm navy but they wouldn't even let me stay in Japan for my LIMDU. Most of my first LIMDU period was wasted in Sasebo untreated waiting for PCS orders for me and my family just for my LIMDU. If it is the same timeline for orders as I had, I was waiting from the beginning of Dec until I got my orders first part of Feb, giving me only a few day to set up my whole move.

Updated

2 OCT 2012: Received MEB for Major Depressive Disorder Moderate / Dysthymia disorder
26-28 OCT 2012: Command sent signed NMA to Medical (Not much changed from the original)
7 NOV 2012: Received approval for IDES and signed paperwork. Approved for Major Depressive Disorder.
17 Dec 2012: Received Orders back to the states, Bethesda MD. Requested Portsmouth.
15 Jan 2013: Report NLT Date Walter Reed NMMC Bethesda MD.
07 Feb 2013: Signed second MEB, had to redo since I came from overseas.
17 Apr 2013: Signed VA Claim
11 May 2013: Started C & P exams with VA
31 May 2013: Orders to Portsmouth, VA
07 Jun 2013: Last C & P exam.
11 Jun 2013: Report NLT Date, Portsmouth VA.
28 Jun 2013: Signed C&P / Narsum paperwork to be submitted to PEB
17 Jul 2013: Found Unfit, forward package to VA
26 Jul 2013: Ebenefits updated to Pending Decision Approval.
20 Aug 2013: Ratings came back. 70% DOD and 90% VA with TDRL.

Updated

17 Dec 2012: Received Orders back to the states, Bethesda MD. Requested Portsmouth.
15 Jan 2013: Report NLT Date Walter Reed NMMC Bethesda MD.
07 Feb 2013: Signed second MEB, had to redo since I came from overseas.
17 Apr 2013: Signed VA Claim
11 May 2013: Started C & P exams with VA
31 May 2013: Orders to Portsmouth, VA
07 Jun 2013: Last C & P exam.
11 Jun 2013: Report NLT Date, Portsmouth VA.
28 Jun 2013: Signed C&P / Narsum paperwork to be submitted to PEB
17 Jul 2013: Found Unfit, forward package to VA
26 Jul 2013: Ebenefits updated to Pending Decision Approval.
20 Aug 2013: Ratings came back. 70% DOD and 90% VA with TDRL.

Welcome (back) to the PEB Forum! :)

Congratulations on the recent receipt of your IPEB findings inclusive of DoD TDRL and DoVA proposed ratings!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Im currently looking at entering the IDES program for PTSD in Bremerton, WA. I'm stationed in Yokosuka Japan, so I know I must go back state side. My question is geared more twards what I will be doing while in the IDES system. Who will I be attached to, what will be required of me while completing the program? I have not seen a single thread on what life is like during the process....I have already done much research on the IDES program, I just want to know what people do on their down time....specificaly in Bremerton, but will accept any coments from anyone stationed at any other location. I'm new to this.....sorry and thanks in advance!

I'm navy but they wouldn't even let me stay in Japan for my LIMDU. Most of my first LIMDU period was wasted in Sasebo untreated waiting for PCS orders for me and my family just for my LIMDU. If it is the same timeline for orders as I had, I was waiting from the beginning of Dec until I got my orders first part of Feb, giving me only a few day to set up my whole move.

Zomglawlz (Chief...?) I was hoping you could answer me a quick question? Those placed in the IDES program, are they attached to a TPU while they go through the whole process? Or are they attached to someone else....like the hospital or other local commands near the clinic in which they are breing processed? I am stationed in Yokosuka and am on LIMDU right now waiting for this whole thing to kick off. Thanks in advance for any help given.
V/R
MM1(SW) "Jake"