My PEB Timeline

ajw

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
You will... I think what's taking so long is the mailing time... It says on the paperwork that they received it 19 MAY 2012, but it was snet by the VA on 24 April. God, I feel like a huge bruden was just lifted off my shoulders and in a way, I just won the lottery... Is that bad?
I agree. My PEBLO said the PEB did not get my VA rating until 21 May- being mailed 30 April! Still waiting so hopefully soon!

birchtx

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I agree. My PEBLO said the PEB did not get my VA rating until 21 May- being mailed 30 April! Still waiting so hopefully soon!
You should be getting them very soon... My board didn't even convene until yesterday 30 May. Did they say anything about PDRL or TDRL for you?

ajw

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
You should be getting them very soon... My board didn't even convene until yesterday 30 May. Did they say anything about PDRL or TDRL for you?
PDRL- is what the VA told me on the phone...Still waiting for the offical results to come down

birchtx

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok... Now on to the next topic. How long does it take to get Navy separation orders? My command will not approve my Permissive TAD/TDY for house hunting/job hunting nor termial leave until I get them. The problem is that my TAD and Terminal leave start on 26 June and my final day is 30 Jul 2012. So, how long should I expect to be waiting for separation orders? Thanks!

birchtx

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I forgot to put up my breakdown of Referred and Claimed Conditions.

DoD:
10%: Weakness Status Post Multiple Surgical Procedures to Right Shoulder / VA Code: 5203

VA Claimed and Found Conditions: Combined 80%
30% Tension Headaches
30% Status Post Cubital Tunnel w/ Ulnar Nerve Transposition - Right Elbow
20% Neuropathy, Right Subclavicular Nerve
10% Limitation of Flexion, Right Elbow
10% Tinnitus
10% Hypospadias, w/ Urethral Stricture Repair

Then I got a couple of 0's

See this is an example of being informed before you go into the MEB/PEB process. My doc did not put emphasis on my right elbow, so essentially REVIEW your NARSUM for correctness. I wish I only knew this before going into the system and had a chance to review the info on this website. I would have easily made retirement... I did not have a chance to appeal b/c command said if you appeal we will admin sep you for PRT stuff.

DevilDoc

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Any category 2 in your 199? Or it's just that one of your shoulder?

birchtx

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Still waiting on the Index from the PEB... I need this piece of paper to get orders from PERS. I am leaving the island on 26 June, I have to start my new job on 02 Jul. Hopefully, I'll get this thing in time to ship HHG. Still Waiting, but almost done the light is getting brighter.

ajw

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Still waiting on the Index from the PEB... I need this piece of paper to get orders from PERS. I am leaving the island on 26 June, I have to start my new job on 02 Jul. Hopefully, I'll get this thing in time to ship HHG. Still Waiting, but almost done the light is getting brighter.
The light IS brighter! I am leaving the end of this month as well :) Good luck to you!

birchtx

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Update:

I was officially medically separated from the Navy on 07/30/2012 and received my severance pay a couple of days before that. I sent the VA my DD-214, so as of now I am waiting on the VA to finalize my disability claim for 80%, after which I can send all that info to DFAS and get my taxes back. I should start getting my VA payment on 01 September.

cami09

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Update:

I was officially medically separated from the Navy on 07/30/2012 and received my severance pay a couple of days before that. I sent the VA my DD-214, so as of now I am waiting on the VA to finalize my disability claim for 80%, after which I can send all that info to DFAS and get my taxes back. I should start getting my VA payment on 01 September.
Congrats! How long did it take for you to get your orders? I signed my findings on 20JUL and still waitings on orders.

bill dance

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Is there anyone that can help me...I see all of you guys talking about all of these processes but I havent been through or heard about any of them..Ive been on LIMDU for 10 months now and am pending another shoulder surgery I go for my 3rd MRI on the 17th and I was just curious as to what will happen will they medically separate me or what because my shoulder pain is chronic and has yet to cease..I had a SLAP tear and had surgery on my dominant shoulder, so what will most likely happen a medical discharge with disability??

GoWings

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Looks like I am in the same boat as you. I have had 2 surgery's for instabilty and a torn labrum on my right shoulder. I have been in PT since the beginning of June. The therapists have done everything they can and it is just not getting better. It is my dominant side. It seems like my pain is constant then a lot worse when I try to lift my arm over my head also I have a lot of numbness in my hand. Then I have claimed B/L foot pain, B/L wrist pain (ROM about 40 degrees on both sides), headaches, back pain, allergies, hair loss, scares (didn't know I could claim the last 3 but ok) and chest pains. I am know it is almost certain the I am going to get Severance and I am ok with that. Just wondering what the VA might give me.

injuredmarine

Registered Member
please keep posting about your conditions/circumstances here, i too just underwent shoulder surgery on my dominant arm and i am curious as to what my future might hold. Im currently on limdu, been on it for 4 months now. Who do i ask if a meb board has been started for me? any advice is worth reading about.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">