My PEBLO submitted an MEB Extension request for 180 days, but so far I was approved by HRC for only 30 days. Is this normal?

twest

Registered Member
Hello all. Here is a quick rundown of my situation:

I was originally on track for a September 2020 ETS, but I was recommended for a MEB. My PEBLO submitted a medical extension request which included both a Commander-approved memorandum concurring with the request, and a notarized affidavit memorandum for me to “voluntarily remain on active duty in the Army beyond the scheduled date of my release for the purpose of completing hospital care and/or physical disability evaluation.”

The PEBLO documents were all submitted by my PEBLO about a month and a half ago. This week, I received a notification from HRC that my orders have been amended to reflect a new date of "30SEP20". This is not what I requested (This should be February 2021).

My question is: Is this normal for HRC to only extend 30 days at a time? Or is this an error and should it be extended 180 days as originally planned?

Also, if this is an error, what should/can I do (beyond contacting my PEBLO) to ensure my 180 day extension request is approved? So far, it has been a waiting game.