MEB start: January 13, 2017
C&P: February 8, 2017
NARSUM: February 18, 2017
PEB (JBLM): March 31, 2017
VA Ratings: April 26, 2017
IPEB findings:
DA199:

Question:
I read bunch on here about it the VA completed the ratings and opens a second claim that completes that phase of the PEB. So I'm trying to get some sense of what is going on.

I never got an unfit memo, and my claim went historical with a new claim being opened like others have posted. My PEBLO is like a broken record with "no new info" and my MSC absolutely will not tell me what my proposed ratings are (I tried Thursday and Friday, no luck). Anyways, is this normal to go through quickly like that and not get an unfit memo? My buddy who is about a week or 2 behind me received an unfit memo 2 weeks after it hit the PEB. He's waiting on ratings now. I mean is it crucial to get that memo before, or have some received it along with the IPEB findings?

I've already cleared CIF and TAP so just waiting on that 199 I guess.

P3: January 4, 2017
IPEB findings:
DA199:

Question:
I read bunch on here about it the VA completed the ratings and opens a second claim that completes that phase of the PEB. So I'm trying to get some sense of what is going on.

I never got an unfit memo, and my claim went historical with a new claim being opened like others have posted. My PEBLO is like a broken record with "no new info" and my MSC absolutely will not tell me what my proposed ratings are (I tried Thursday and Friday, no luck). Anyways, is this normal to go through quickly like that and not get an unfit memo? My buddy who is about a week or 2 behind me received an unfit memo 2 weeks after it hit the PEB. He's waiting on ratings now. I mean is it crucial to get that memo before, or have some received it along with the IPEB findings?

Im where you are in the process just waiting on my unfit memo and my proposal ratings they live leaving us in the unknown!

P3: January 4, 2017
IPEB findings:
DA199:

Question:

You don't have to have a "unfit" memo. It comes in handy when unit leadership wants to see it, if you are trying to clear CIF early. But it isn't mandatory as you can tell since you have already done CIF. Also you know you are "unfit" once your packet goes to the VA for ratings.

The IPEB phase is where they find you "fit or unfit", followed by VA ratings, then PEB Findings is where they put it all together on the DA-199 to send back to your PEBLO (timelines vary from days to months)

The second claim is opened once ratings are complete and will close once you get your DD-214 and give them a copy to upload into system, which will then start your VA compensation payments.

After 10 days from when your ratings where completed you can call or use the VA Chat online and they can fax you a copy of your ratings. You can use that option if your VA MSC can't or won't get them for you.

Im where you are in the process just waiting on my unfit memo and my proposal ratings they live leaving us in the unknown!

They must relish in it. Knowing we are planning futures and trying to put together bits of life in place when we are out of the Military while receiving what little information they can give ;).

You don't have to have a "unfit" memo. It comes in handy when unit leadership wants to see it, if you are trying to clear CIF early. But it isn't mandatory as you can tell since you have already done CIF. Also you know you are "unfit" once your packet goes to the VA for ratings.

The IPEB phase is where they find you "fit or unfit", followed by VA ratings, then PEB Findings is where they put it all together on the DA-199 to send back to your PEBLO (timelines vary from days to months)

The second claim is opened once ratings are complete and will close once you get your DD-214 and give them a copy to upload into system, which will then start your VA compensation payments.

After 10 days from when your ratings where completed you can call or use the VA Chat online and they can fax you a copy of your ratings. You can use that option if your VA MSC can't or won't get them for you.

Awesome Smoke7! I appreciate your info very much as it has put my mind at ease on a memo that I was thinking was required somewhere and I never received. I will definitely contact the VA at the end of next week if nothing has come back from the PEB on getting my ratings. I'm kind of curious as to what they are. I know that the only ones that matter are the ones on the DA199 and the PEBLO, so really would just be informative for me.

Thanks again

So my case has been at the VA rating, after the initial one closed and the real one was open, for 62 days now. I have called my PEBLO. She has nothing because the system is down. It has never been up. Leaving us in the dark with little to no info drives me freaking crazy. I am in the Guard and also a full time tech. I am so sick of waiting and the crap the VA feeds us to keep us at bay. I am just venting and I thank you all for listening.

Yes, smoke7 is correct. If you are getting VA ratings you were found unfit. Hang on, you are getting ready for a bumpy ride.

I never received an unfit memo through the whole process. Obviously that decision was made, just no memo. Best wishes. Mike

No unfit memo for me either. 78 days since my ratings were complete and still no word. I'm a little cranky over it and I do a lot of deep breathing exercises to keep from killing people...lol

So my case has been at the VA rating, after the initial one closed and the real one was open, for 62 days now. I have called my PEBLO. She has nothing because the system is down. It has never been up. Leaving us in the dark with little to no info drives me freaking crazy. I am in the Guard and also a full time tech. I am so sick of waiting and the crap the VA feeds us to keep us at bay. I am just venting and I thank you all for listening.

Yes, smoke7 is correct. If you are getting VA ratings you were found unfit. Hang on, you are getting ready for a bumpy ride.

Vent away! I get the same thing when I DO contact my PEBLO; "System down, sorry." I hope it picks up for you and everyone else on this forum waiting.

I will call and see what my ratings are, I know it won't be much (more like 0%) and it might end up being Discharge with Severance Pay <--- Can someone link some info as to how to best exit and get that in a reasonable time as well as other suggestions please.

My unfitting referral was "Peroneal Nerve injury with Recurring Chronic Pain" the VA C&P says that the Common Peroneal Nerve has "Incomplete Paralysis" so I dunno what that gets. We'll see :)

No unfit memo for me either. 78 days since my ratings were complete and still no word. I'm a little cranky over it and I do a lot of deep breathing exercises to keep from killing people...lol

mrando69, I would be doing a lot of deep breathing too for that length. What site is your PEB?

I never received an unfit memo either. I have been rated by the VA at 100% and I am fairly certain the DoD will be at 100% as well, 6 of the 7 conditions I was referred for are not Medically Acceptable for the Military. Like mrando69, I am going through the DC PEB and I am on day 104 for waiting on my DA-199. 2 weeks ago my State Surgeon jumped over my PEBLO and went to the PEB and found out my package was dropped from the system in Jan. Being in the Guard there is an advantage when it comes to the VA ratings..... when ebenies changes to "Notification Sent" you can immediately go to the front page of the dashboard and click on the "Disabilities" link and see your ratings from the VA. I am not positive, but I do not think that this part of eBenefits populates for Active Duty.

Being in the Guard there is an advantage when it comes to the VA ratings..... when ebenies changes to "Notification Sent" you can immediately go to the front page of the dashboard and click on the "Disabilities" link and see your ratings from the VA. I am not positive, but I do not think that this part of eBenefits populates for Active Duty.

I'm AGR and I don't have that option. I had to get my ratings from my MSC. Since you're a traditional, are you eligible to get paid by the VA now and just deduct your drill pay?

I'm AGR and I don't have that option. I had to get my ratings from my MSC. Since you're a traditional, are you eligible to get paid by the VA now and just deduct your drill pay?

If you are M-Day, you are supposed to complete VA Form 21-8951 yearly to waive either Drill Pay or Disability Pay (can't get both).

Form 21-8951 includes the following statement: “If we do not receive a waiver from you, we will assume that you wish to waive VA compensation or pension for the number of days printed on the front of the form. However, we will not adjust your award until we have advised you of the specific changes we propose to make.”

I waive compensation pay and it usually works out that I lose 1 1/2 month compensation pay. This is the formula:

Disability Pay / 30 * number of MUTA's performed = amount waived..... here is an easy number example:

Lets say Disability pay is $900 per month

$900 / 30 = $30
$30 * 48 = $1440 (4 MUTA's per month = 48)
$1440 - $900 = $540

So I end up waiving 1 full month ($900) and $540 the next month.....

I am not exactly sure how they would calculate it if I chose to waive my drill pay, I just let the VA do the calculating and they are pretty good about notifying me when they will be withholding compensation pay to make up for the drill pay.

So the unfit memo I was told is a memo you generate. I had to do my own to clear. I'm going to try to upload an example that was emailed to me. Hope it helps. I couldn't get clearing papers but did clear CIF and most of post. Post clearing papers are only good for 30 days so if you're in the boat as most waiting forever don't fight to get papers. I also went to transition center on Ft Bragg and got the packet needed from them. I'm still waiting on 199 (36 days) but got way ahead of the ball game.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• example clearing authorization (002).pdf
    8 KB · Views: 30
So the unfit memo I was told is a memo you generate. I had to do my own to clear. I'm going to try to upload an example that was emailed to me. Hope it helps. I couldn't get clearing papers but did clear CIF and most of post. Post clearing papers are only good for 30 days so if you're in the boat as most waiting forever don't fight to get papers. I also went to transition center on Ft Bragg and got the packet needed from them. I'm still waiting on 199 (36 days) but got way ahead of the ball game.

Hope this helps

hope you don't mind, but I am going to use this memo...... lol I've already cleared CIF and done with SFL-TAP. I do have one question tho; when you said you got the packet, what were you referring to?

So I'm not the only one waiting on the VA out here in DMV. I got an email from mypesr back on 13 April saying my case was being sent to the VA for a proposed rating and rationale for any unfitting conditions. The graphs I saw said it should take 15 days, today is 5 May....So I don't know if thats working days or what. A lot of what I hear is that the VA has been taking 30 to 60 days.

Hope this helps

One other thing SF18Z, for the POC did you put your name or the company commander?

Here is something that you need to keep in mind with the VA..... IF your local VA/QTC completed all of the paperwork for the C&P exam properly, then it should take in-between 2 - 3 weeks (if that long) for the VA to rate conditions. In the IDES process, the VA ratings are all accomplished in Seattle, not at your regional office. With that said, if there is ANYTHING wrong with your paperwork, they do not pick up a phone and make a 5 minute phone call to fix the problem.... instead they send a request for the paperwork/error to be fixed. This request goes to the bottom of the new case queue and they have 30 days to address it. In my case the C&P Audiologist did not state whether she felt my Tinnitus was related to working on a flight deck for 12 years. The Seattle office requested the Audiologist to provide a medical opinion on my Tinnitus, after 30 days the Audiologist replied back with "No medical Opinion is required and therefore none will be provided". The Seattle Office then re-requested for the Audiologist to provide a medical opinion so they could determine whether the Tinnitus was duty/service related. 30 days later the Audiologist provide a medical opinion of "Service Connected due to exposure to jet noise"

Long story short.... my VA ratings took 63 days to complete, 3 days for the initial 6 conditions and then 60 days to rate the tinnitus.

It is different for everyone... best case scenario 2 weeks, worst case 2,3,4 months. At this point your MSC is the best person to talk to, they work for the VA and can see exactly what is going on with your case

hope you don't mind, but I am going to use this memo...... lol I've already cleared CIF and done with SFL-TAP. I do have one question tho; when you said you got the packet, what were you referring to?

Please use it I put it up for everyone. That is the example sent to me. Just change the names, and no I'm not SGT Palmer that was on there.

I went to the transition center on Bragg, they said they were the ones that cut orders when you get a date and do the DD214. They gave me a packet of things they needed. CIF cleared paperwork, complete OMPF file, SGLI, DD93, and ERB.

I put company Commander as POC.