My Timeline (As of now)

Deon74

Registered Member
Hello fellow warriors,
First, I want to thank you all for your service. I have been following this forum for quite some time now. I feel connected to each of you by following you on your each respective journey.
I know this process is long and frustrating but the outcome can be well worth it. Here is my history : I was active duty Navy from 1993 - 2006. I suffered a severe back injury while aboard ship by falling down a ladder. I went to physical therapy for about a year and a half before surgery in 2003. Then more physical therapy before MEB separation with 20% disability (severance) in 2006. So here is my Timeline.

MEB SEPARATION - 5/2006
SUBMITTED PDBR APPLICATION - 5/2015
PDBR COMPLETE /AWARDED 40% PDRL- 10/2017
RETIREMENT ORDERS -???

As you can see, my case mirrors many cases but by no means is the standard. Remember... "Hope for the best, plan for the worst". I am nearing the end/beginning of my journey and I hope each of you receive a desirable outcome. God bless and God speed.

JGard1974

Registered Member
Deon74,
This is what I figured when I received my letters (that I seem to have misplace). I am expecting this will take some time. I think I submitted my application in mid to late spring of last year and I heard that a decision had been made and the case had been forwarded to the Air Force for final word (or whatever wording they used). That was before halloween last year. Now I assume I will be in a holding pattern indefinitely. I have noticed that I have not been able to track my case anywhere while I hear people can see theirs on e-benefits. Where in ebenfits can you see it?

We have similar timelines. I was active duty Air Force 1993-2008. Suffered multiple back injuries between 2004 and 2007. By the end of it, I could barely walk but they couldn't find anything that would be causing my symptoms so the MEB process began. Separation in 2008 with 30%. VA gave me 30% as well when I submitted my claim.

Well congratulations on your retirement. I hope you get your orders soon

Deon74

Registered Member
JGard1974,
It is my understanding that ebenefits information is for VA disability not PDBR process. Unlike others, I did not receive anything in between my application and my PDRL letter. I was very surprised when I received my PDRL notification letter. I am still going through the VA appeal process. I hope you hear something very soon. Thank you very much by the way... It will go along way to helping me and my family going forward. I wish you the very best outcome my friend.

JGard1974

Registered Member
Deon74,

Ah, that makes sense. I have been poring over that ebenefits site trying to find any clue as to my status. I really hope they let me know something soon. I have been trying to not think about it so I won't be disappointed if it comes back denied but the not knowing is killing me. It will help me as well. I finally figured out what I want to do when I grow up and trying to pay for school when you have a family and job is much different than when you're just working. I am not up on the lingo, what is PDRL? Is that the service component's decision?

Deon74

Registered Member
JGard1974,
I hear you, I did the college while working with a wife and 3 kids... Tough is an understatement. PDRL is permanent disability retirement list from branch of service (DOD) so yes you are correct. That is the military medical retirement.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">